Pizza Express

Cuisine: Pizza, Wings, Hoagies

Pizza Express is a Pizza, Wings, and Hoagies restaurant where most Menuism users came for a meal on the go, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.

Pros
"Food is good"
"Sux! Paid 14 dollars for dough. Isn't a calzone supposed to have a filling? A teaspoon of ricotta and a half cup of mozz. Called to return it and the so called rude Ass manager hung up on me. Place is a total rip off!!!!!!!!!! "
  • 1/08/2017

A Pizza food lover from US tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    Food is good
  • 5/20/2015

A Pizza food lover from Newark, NJ tried it.

• 11/30/2014

A Pizza food lover from Newark, NJ tried it, didn't like it, and rated it . They didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

• 1/29/2014

A Pizza chowhound from Newark, NJ tried it.

Pizza

RobertH photo

RobertH

West Hartford, CT

Boy, was I surprised.

I had some very satisfying tidbits from this place and will give it my stamp of approval.

We loved meatballs and spaghetti, white pizza, and meatball pizza (with romano and mozzarella cheese).

You’ll never find me eating in, however, ‘cause there’s no bar!

XiaoGou photo

XiaoGou

West Hartford, CT

Superb red sauce dishes, pizza; a hidden gem.

Downtown New Britain is a culinary wasteland. A friend with an office there could always be counted on to select awful lunch delivery. It all changed when we found this place. Pizza is fresh and very nicely done. Grinders and salads are serviceable.

The real stand-out here are the Italian dinners. The red sauce is absolutely scrumptious. I couldn’t believe it. Another friend who was with us risked it and what a great pay-off! I ended up eating half of his lasagna the first time… then we drove to the restaurant later that day and ordered another, it was that good.

By all means get the meat balls — either on a grinder or as an addition to spaghetti or macaroni. Get the lasagna. To quote our gourmet friend “the spice amalgam is outstanding.”

It’s best to go there to scope out the menu. They don’t have much of an on-line presence. Peculiarly, the dishes posted here at menuism don’t have any relation to the current menu. (The pizza sizes/prices are incorrect).

“Famous” White pizza was absolutely delightful, with plenty of fresh ricotta cheese. Florentine Pizza is white with addition of some veggies and is wonderful. Meatball pizza with onions and extra cheese is also quite nice.

Forget the “Clam Casino” pizza, however. The bacon and the clams were chewy and lack-luster. The bread in the garlic bread is cheap pap; don’t bother. A hamburger was over-cooked but still just what we needed for a little one in our midst.

If ordering is difficult, ask for the owner or manager. They have employees who leave their brains at home, making ordering an ordeal, at times.

Pizza Wings Hoagies

Pizza Express  Restaurant Reviews

Pizza Express is located near the cities of Kensington, Berlin, and Newington.
People found this by searching for: Pizza Express Delivery New Britain Ct, Pizza Express Menu New Britain Ct, Pizza Express, New Britain, Ct, Pizza Express New Britain Ct, Pizza Express New Britain Ct Menu, Pizza Express New Britain, and Pizza Express New Britain Menu.