Pizza John's

Cuisine: Catering, Lunch, Breakfast

Pizza John's is a Catering, Lunch, and Breakfast restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped less than 15%.

Overall
Pros
"Great customer service. There was not too long of a wait for my food, even on the weekend when this place is packed!"
Cons
"The sub seemed a little dry, other than that everything was fantastic!!"
  • 3/14/2016

A diner from Berkeley Springs, WV tried it and liked it.

• 7/01/2015

A diner from Essex, MD tried it.

• 12/16/2014

A Catering chowhound from San Jose, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    Cons
    The sub seemed a little dry, other than that everything was fantastic!!
  • 8/17/2013

A Catering chowhound from Baltimore, MD tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Claince photo

Claince

Baltimore, MD

The best pizza in Baltimore

What can I say about this place? If you’ve never been, try it. The pizza is the best I have ever had. To get the best experience, get the Sicilian with pepperoni. Everyone that I have ever suggested it to agrees and gets hooked. The place has been in Essex since 1966. It started as a little carry out. I used to go there when I was a kid. They have relocated in the same area and expanded at least 3 or 4 times and still can’t keep up with the crowds. The place is huge now. They are very big in the community and supports all of the schools and organizations. The place is really unique. There is no table service! You place your order at the counter and they give you a ticket with a number. Get your drinks, find a table and wait until your number is called, then go up and pick up your food. They have been doing it like this for years and I guess, since it works, why change it. They serve beer and wine and have an ice cream bar. Their deserts are to die for, if you have room (I never do). In all of the years I have been going there, I had one bad pizza. Nothing wrong with it, it just didn’t taste the same. It was like they changed the pepperoni or something. I saw John (the owner) at the counter and told him. In his very Italian accent, he said “I don unnastan’, I use the best pepperoni. The same pepperoni I always use. The nexta time you coma in, you see me an I givea you a free pizza”. We did and he did. That’s the kind of place it is. Don’t expect a quiet atmosphere. It’s very family friendly.

Siciliam pizza w/pepperoni and onions

Best pizza in Baltimore. Enough said.

beachgirl57 photo

beachgirl57

Essex, MD

Pizza John's

Great food, fast and clean dining area. Been going here for over 40 years. Best Pizza in Town….

January 8, 2011

The best I ever found.

Pizza Johns is by far the best place I have found for pizza and cheese steaks. The place is extremly clean and the owner runs a tight ship. All of the employees wear a white uniform. You just have to try it to beleive it. I would…
May 10, 2010

THE BEST I'VE EVER HAD!!!!!!

This place is tops!! The pizza is the best I have ever had. I try to go to this pizza place anytime I get anywhere close to Essex Maryland!\r Highly, highly recomend to everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best Pizza Parking Outdoor seating

Pizza John's  Restaurant Reviews

Pizza John's is located near the cities of Rosedale and Middle River.
People found this by searching for: Pizza Johns, Restaurants Mountain Home, Id, Pizza John's, Pizza John's Essex Menu, Pizza John's Reviews, Thanksgiving Restaurants Within Hampstead, Nc, Fine Dining Parkville, Mo, Pizza John's Essex, and Pizza Johns Essex Menu.