2597 N. Downer Ave
Milwaukee, WI 53211-4242

Pizza Man

(Between E Webster Pl and E Belleview Pl/N Hackett Ave)

Neighborhoods: Northpoint
Cuisine: Pizza, Italian, Wine Bar

Pizza Man is a Pizza, Italian, and Wine Bar restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

• 8/06/2014

A Pizza chowhound from Chicago, IL tried it.

Pavlovshuman photo

Pavlovshuman

Milwaukee, WI

Great pizza, great company

Pizza Man has lived up to its reputation as a great spot for pizza and conversation. We had a group of 12 that was nicely accommodated by friendly wait staff and great food on a busy Friday night.

Pesto Pizza

The Pesto Pizza was very good; the arugula on top provided an amazing visual display. I am more of a thick crust pizza fan but this thin crust with what appears to be fresh, healthy ingredients was a winner. Our group shared a monstrous onion ring appetizer which was another visual masterpiece.

Cookeleo photo

Cookeleo

Menomonee Falls, WI

Pizzaman with party of six

When our party of six arrived for our reservation on a Saturday night, our table was ready for us. Pizzaman is a very fun and noisy place. If you’re looking for a quiet, romantic dinner, you won’t find it here.

Five of us had pizza, and one had baked French onion soup. Everyone was very happy with their pizza. The thin crust was delicious—not the kind with little cracker holes that tastes like cardboard. The French onion soup came with a VERY thick layer of gooey cheese on top. You almost need a scissors to cut that cheese!

Our waitress explained she was “new” when she couldn’t answer our questions about what beer they had and what their house wine was. She checked with the bartender and got back to us. We ordered desserts and coffee, but the coffee didn’t come until long after we had finished our desserts. Our waitress apologized for the wait and told us they were brewing a new pot.

Overall, the food was great, but the service not so much.

small pizza

Fresh-made thin crust. Order extra cheese if you like your pizza cheesy.

lb8er photo

lb8er

Milwaukee, WI

Pizza Man - New and Delicious

Pizza Man is new and rebuilt after a fire. A large group of us were lucky enough to get seated in the wine room. Our server was attentive, but not overbearing. The pizza was delicious thin crust and not greasy. The place was packed, which to me is always a good sign. Will definitely go back.

Artichoke ala Mode Pizza

Artichoke a la Mode Pizza – Cheese, artichokes, basil, cream cheese & fresh tomato. This was a thin crust pizza with a sweet and tangy red sauce. It was not greasy at all and I must say I was a little thrown off by the sound of cream cheese on a pizza, but after tasting it, now I get it. There were just enough dollops of it to make it interesting and tasty enough to make this one of my new all time favorites.

Anita4718 photo

Anita4718

Racine, WI

Pizza Man - New and Rebuilt after Fire

An East Side icon, Pizza Man reopened after a fire demolished the old location on January 2010. I had never been to the old location but his restaurant is really classy. THe large wooden door on ropes and pulleys sets the mood when you walk in. The first floor has a large bar with wood and brick – floor to ceiling wine wall – and lot of cozy booths. Our group was lucky to enjoy our dinner in The Wine Room. Second floor has outside dining area enclosed in glass… They can seat over 200 in the restaurant.

What I didn’t know is that the restaurant has been a Wine Spectator Award winner for over 20 years Another nice touch the owner Mike stopped and asked how our dinner was…great service.

Artichoke ala Mode Pizza

What is great about this pizza is super thin and not greasy.
Our waiter Tony noticed that one of my dinning companions had also ordered the same pizza in a small size and suggested we share a large – which saved us over $10. Now that’s service!
The pizza came with cream cheese which was a first for me ..but it was delicious.

Wine list is endless – and varies in cost so you can still get a great glass for $8.

The restaurant has a great vibe and was extremely busy on Friday night. Would like to go b ack and try their Italian dinners.

Pizza Italian Takeout

Pizza Man  Restaurant Reviews

Pizza Man is located near the cities of Milwaukee County.
People found this by searching for: Pizza Man On Downer, Pizza Man Downer Ave, Pizza Man On Downer Menu, Pizza Man Milwaukee, Pizza Man Downer Ave, Pizza Man Milwaukee Menu, Pizza Man Menu Milwaukee, and Pizza Man Milwaukee Downer Avenue.