641 N Highland Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90036-2017

Pizzeria Mozza

Neighborhoods: Melrose
Cuisine: Italian, Wines, Vegan

Pizzeria Mozza is a Italian, Wines, and Vegan restaurant where most Menuism users came for a romantic date, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

• 5/18/2017

A diner from Los Angeles, CA tried it.

• 11/17/2013

An Italian food lover from Hermosa Beach, CA tried it.

• 3/22/2013

An Italian food lover from Los Angeles, CA tried it and liked it.

mh2mh photo

mh2mh

I don't get it

Eh. Everything was just kind of fine. The pizza crust was fine, Batali’s dad’s sausage was just ok, really nothing special. The salad was fine, but not memorable, I think we got the frissee. Actually the pizza was rather greasy.

I don’t see what the big deal is about this place. Bollini’s is so much better.

great crust. go at wierd times to avoid lines.

great crust. go at wierd times to avoid lines.

shpladaow photo

shpladaow

San Jose, CA

Best. Pizza. Ever.

This is the best pizza I’ve ever had. Better than Grimaldi’s, Lou Malnati’s, Cheeseboard, and Zachary’s. The toppings are very high quality and the crust is perfect, (thanks to La Brea Bakery’s Nancy Silverton). Mozza does thin crust pizza to perfection, and it’s currently my favorite place to eat in LA.

Make reservations though, because this place is packed and pretty small. If you’re lucky, you may be able to walk-in and get a bar seat.

Gorgonzola Dolce, Fingerling Potatoes, Radicchio & Rosemary

Similar to CPK’s rosemary potato pizza, but better

Salame Gentile, mozzarella, tomato & fresno chiles

Nice, but a bit on the oily side. Could have used more greens.

Prosciutto Di Parma, Rucola, Tomato & Mozzarella

The arugula’s bitterness complements the prosciutto perfectly. My 2nd favorite pizza next to the goat cheese.

Coach Farm Goat Cheese, Leeks, Scallions & Bacon

My favorite. Anything with bacon has to be good. The leeks and scallions add an excellent flavor and the goat cheese is mild and not overpowering

Margherita with mozzarella, tomato & basil

Tasty, but I would prefer more chunky tomatoes.

Fried Squash Blossoms With Ricotta

Fried to perfection

Arancine alla Bolognese

Fried risotto balls. Some people really like it.

Fried Potatoes & Ceci With Herbs

You HAVE to get this appetizer

Fennel sausage, panna & spring onion

This is supposedly the most popular pizza, but I wasn’t crazy about it. The sausage was good, but the panna and spring onion flavors didn’t work for me.

If you love thin crust pizza, this place rocks! It is a M...

If you love thin crust pizza, this place rocks! It is a Mario Battali restaurant, so the food is very high quality, but the restaurant is surprisingly casual. For two appetizers, two pizzas, and four beers we only paid like $80 total, which is pretty darn cheap for such wonderful food. NOTE: Call a couple weeks in advance to reserve- the place is popular and gets booked way in advance

tinajean photo

tinajean

Burbank, CA

Pizza of Mind.

Mozza
I have never understood the phrase,”______ has ruined me for ______.” (Fill-in the blanks for whatever applies in your life) Could something be so good that there is nothing else in the world that can match it? Well, I can now fill-in the blanks for something in my life: Mozza has ruined me for pizza. Yes, it’s true. I’m not kidding when I say that I really can’t have any other pizza than Mario Battali and Nancy Silverton’s creations on the corner of Highland and Melrose in Los Angeles. It’s at the point where if I have to sacrifice the calories and carbs that come with eating a pizza, then why not save it for the best? The best part is when I do get have it, I enjoy it guilt-free because there is no higher pizza temple I could worship at than at Mozza. It starts with the crust which Silverton brings from her genius work at La Brea Bakery. Thin and flaky, it’s satisfying and does not weigh you down. The star of the pizza line-up is the squash blossoms, tomato and burrata pizza but if you have a meat craving then go with the tomato, mozzarella, sausage, salami, bacon and guanciale. While I have enjoyed every other pizza option on the menu, if you force me to have a third choice on their list I would pick the Coach farm goat cheese, leeks, scallions and bacon pizza. It’s like choosing between Brad Pitt, Lenny Kravitz or Antonio Banderas, all attractive options; you just have to decide what flavor you like the best.

Fried Squash Blossoms With Ricotta

Tomato, Mozzarella, Sausage, Salami, Bacon & Guanciale at Pizzeria Mozza

Tomato, Mozzarella, Sausage, Salami, Bacon & Guanciale

Coach Farm Goat Cheese, Leeks, Scallions & Bacon

justin photo

justin

molto buono!

I’ve been wanting to try Batali’s pizza for a long time and after a few attempts to get reservations, we finally got in at a decent time. You’ll definitely want to make reservations to eat here, that is, unless you don’t mind eating really early or really late (they’re open til midnight). It’s a pretty small restaurant and the bar is open seating, but it looks like it can only sit about 1/2 a dozen people.

The ambience is sort of an upscale casual. At the end of the day it’s still just a pizzera…just a bit nicer :)

The neat thing about the pizza is that it’s extremely thin but with a puffy crust. It’s an interesting combination. You can really tell that each pizza’s flavor was thoughtfully concocted. I also recommend ordering a number of the appetizers – the mozza caprese was awesome and all the others we saw looked tasty.

I definitely want to come back and try the other pizzas. I’ll probably stick to more of the veggie-ish pizzas – I think they have a more delicate balance of flavor than the meat-centric ones.

Tomato, Mozzarella, Sausage, Salami, Bacon & Guanciale at Pizzeria Mozza

Tomato, Mozzarella, Sausage, Salami, Bacon & Guanciale

The homemade sausage was really tasty, but the pizza lacked other taste besides the meat. Could have used some other spices.

Funghi Misti, Fontina, Taleggio & Thyme at Pizzeria Mozza

Funghi Misti, Fontina, Taleggio & Thyme

The fontina cheese matches the flavor the mushrooms perfectly. There’s just enough from each.

Mozza Caprese at Pizzeria Mozza

Mozza Caprese

This is the best mozzarella I’ve ever eaten. It tasted so fresh. The texture was almost creamy, almost like a paste. The cooked cherry tomatoes were still on the vine and soft and juicy. To top it off, it was all smothered in a wonderful pesto sauce. I think this was the best dish we had.

hannk photo

hannk

If I wanted a type of pizza by the slice, I...

If I wanted a type of pizza by the slice, I would go to Abbot Kinney or Mulberry Street Pizza. However, if I wanted gourmet pizza, I think Mozza has done no wrong. First off, who says no to burrata. Not I! Anyhow, this place is small so no parties over 4 or 5 and I would say if you can’t get any reservations, try to just sit at the pizza bar.

e1ireland photo

e1ireland

Bridgewater, NJ

Truly Amazing Food

Pizzeria Mozza has combined truly contrasting ingredients with a perfect array of spices. I was there on a date and it was packed…you couldn’t even move your chair without hitting someone, but the food was worth being cramped and having to shout at dinner. You definitely need reservations to join this packed room like an extended Italian family. I never had seafood on pizza either so I tried the Ipswich clams, garlic, and rosemary pizza and it was so delicious. If I wasn’t on a date I would have ordered another pizette and used my hands. I suggest ordering to go and enjoying this fabulous pizza at home. It was worth every penny my date paid!

ca_ccarr photo

ca_ccarr

Northridge, CA

I loved the food here!

I’m from Chicago and was dying to find a decent pizza in LA because I have yet to find one. That being said, this was great pizza—not Chicago style but still great. The crust is a Nancy Silverton creation and is thin and bubbly and unique. I normally don’t care for thin crust but this worked quite well. The fennel sausage was probably my favorite and this was a surprise to me. Loved the chunks of earthy sausage. Meatballs were a nice appetizer, not outstanding. Their famous dessert is the Butterscotch Baudino and it’s an interesting mix of flavors and textures. Peanuts and ice cream and butterscotch. I will definitely be back. My only complaint was that the music was so damn loud no one could hear a thing. I like Led Zepplin and the Stones but I’m quite sure I’ve never enjoyed a whole meal shouting over them. Great wine selection.

Fennel Sausage

Real sausage in LA—who knew it existed!

Bone Marrow Al Forno

I’ve never had this before but it was interesting and flavorful. A tad big greasy but that’s the nature of the beast (no pun intended).

Italian Gourmet Pizza Wines
Tips
  • The seven daily specials include chicken alla cacciatore, lasagna al forno, radicchio wrapped fish with radish salsa verde. Call the restaurant for more info.
  • There's a private dining room available for group events.
Sun-Sat 12:00PM - 12:00AM

khokoyama

New York, NY

epicurious

Pizzeria Mozza  Restaurant Reviews

Pizzeria Mozza is located near the cities of Civic Center Little Tokyo, Sanford, Dockweiler, Windsor Hills, and August F Haw.
People found this by searching for: Moza Pizziaria, Mozza Restaurant Melrose, Calories Pizzeria Mozza, Pizzaria Mozza Melrose, Pizzeriea Melrose Place La, Mozza Pizza Calories, Calories Mozza Restaurant Pizza, and Pizzeria Mozza Melrose.