138 Park Rd
West Hartford, CT 06119-1753

Plan B Burger Bar Tavern

Cuisine: Burgers, Breakfast, Tex-mex

Plan B Burger Bar Tavern is a Burgers, Breakfast, and Tex-mex restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

RobertH photo

RobertH

West Hartford, CT

We're not hip enough.

We tried this place yet again after I panned it on another review website. My friend who likes this place very much insisted I give them another try.

I should’ve dressed for the occasion. But hey, I don’t have any hipster threads in my closet.

Based on our original experience, I’d give two stars. By way of disclaimer, my experience was better this time around (but probably because I was with my friend, a regular). Some of my discomfort isn’t really the restaurant management’s fault. I was still the oldest guy in the whole place. When we sat down at the bar, a trio of young ladies seated there looked at us (two way-past-thirty-dudes) with a loathing undisguised. Perhaps if I were younger, or maybe sported a Rolex or wore an Armani jacket, they’d have been less unfriendly.

I had two superb bourbons, I think Blanton’s and another one that I’d never heard of before. The beer selection is superb (but I’m not a beer drinker).

They have an ersatz “beef wellington” appetizer that’s incredibly decadent. The cobb salad is very, very good.

I didn’t order sliders. Perhaps that’s because I’m just not hip.

Yes, the burgers here are very good. I’d give them one more star if they were a better value. Sure, I’ve had costlier burgers, but not in Connecticut. Oh, crap. There I go talking about money again. Just more proof that we’re just not hip enough for this spot. The flavorful pot roast, although $5 more than the burgers, is the best value on the menu.

Again we passed on dessert, and again the coffee was really, really bad.

Did I mention that I just think I’m not hip enough to dine here?

Pot Roast

Melt-in-your-mouth beef, a good cut, with lots of flavor interest in an oniony broth. Huge portion delightfully presented.

Burgers Whiskey Bar Dinner

Plan B Burger Bar Tavern  Restaurant Reviews

People found this by searching for: Plan B Burger Bar, Plan B Ct Top Dish, Plan B Tavern Menu, Plan B Burger Cobb Salad, Photos Plan B Tavern Ct, Plan B Burger Menu, Plan B West Hartford Menu, and Plan B Burger Pot Roast.