200 E 1st St
Pomona, CA 91766

Pomona Baking Company

Neighborhoods: Downtown Pomona
Cuisine: Bakeries, Pastries, Cookies

Pomona Baking Company is a Bakeries, Pastries, and Cookies restaurant where most Menuism users came for a meal on the go, paid less than $10, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

girlmostlikely photo

girlmostlikely

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

"I want one of everything please..."

This is my favorite bakery. It’s not all glitzy and trendy, like “Sprinkles”… it’s a just a real, honest neighborhood bakery with real people, real ingredients and real good stuff.

This place is tiny, but you can eat outside or take your food, bread, cookies, scones, or whatever else you manage to carry, to go. The breads and cookies are made fresh and are best described as artisanal and delectable. My favorites are the Jalapeno Cheese Bread, the Curry Bread (I toast this and spread hummus on it and it makes great sandwich bread too) and the Snickerdoodles and Chocolate Hazelnut cookies—-SO GOOD!!

BUT WAIT, there’s more… there are also the daily lunch specials and they change, um, daily! I’ve had the macaroni and cheese (which comes in its own little baking tin that could easily serve two unless you’re like me and refuse to share) which has a blend of herbs (I think thyme and oregano to name a few) and a blend of cheeses that makes it better than anything you’d ever get out of a box. They also make these wonderful, “gourmet” pizzas that people were ordering as quickly as they were coming out of the oven!

I follow these guys on Twitter so I can be updated on the daily specials which have ranged from chicken pot pies, meat loaf, and the aforementioned mac & cheese to name a few…

This owner-operated bakery is located in the Antique/Art Row of down town Pomona. It’s a bit tucked away from the street but right near the Metro Link Parking Lot. The bakery is co-owned by a number of local chefs and bakers, many of which trained at local colleges and universities. Opening a business is tough these days. Opening a place with co-owners that all share a passion for a service orientated, quality-first, baking and cooking is even tougher and quite rare. Pomona is a bit far for me but I’m happy to support their efforts and look forward to returning as often as I can.

Mac & Cheese

As I stated above, this is better than anything you’ve had from a box. My boss hates “kid’s food” which to him, includes mac & cheese, and he’s also Italian, east coast Italian, so he has even more picky about his pasta, so when I ordered it, he was expectedly- disgusted with me. However, he took one look at the baked cheddar top and insisted on trying it. So I let him have a taste, he wanted more, I refused. It was so good!!! It was creamy and herby and it satisfied my inner kid and my outer adult. There is such a thoughtful flavor of herbs and seasoning throughout, I finished every last bit. I think it was a blend of oregano and thyme, but I’m not sure… I’ll ask next time I get it and there will be many next times at this place, for sure!

Bakeries Pastries Cookies

Pomona Baking Company  Restaurant Reviews

Pomona Baking Company is located near the cities of Phillips Ranch and Claremont.
People found this by searching for: Far East Gourmet Menu La Verne, Restaurants In Downtown Pomona, Pomona Baking Company Menu, Pomona Ca. Cookie Factory, Pomona Bakery Pomona California, Pomona Baking Co, Pomona Baking Company, and Pomona Baking Company California.