4216 N Arlington Heights Rd
Arlington Heights, IL 60004-1372

Pompei

Cuisine: Italian, Pizza, Pasta

Pompei is a Italian, Pizza, and Pasta restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal and paid less than $10.

hk123j photo

hk123j

Chicago, IL

Quick Service and Decent Portions

This Italian eatery is a self-service restaurant nearby Woodfield Mall. The pricing is very reasonable, the service is fast, and more importantly, the food is decent.

It is not the best Italian food I’ve had, but it’s still a great deal. I would highly recommend this place to anyone nearby who needs to grab a quick meal or for working people who want to grab something during lunch time.

Herb Chicken Ravioli with Tomato Cream Sauce

The ravioli was decent. I wish the tomato cream sauce had more tomato than cream.

Calamari

I really enjoyed this calamari because the batter was so lcrispy and buttery.

Side Bread

The bread is so yummy. Just ask for olive oil and parmesan cheese to dip the bread.

Great pizza - and this is NOT the "other" Pompeii

First I have to start out by correcting a VERY COMMON mistake – this is NOT the Pompeii in Schaumburg, near Woodfield, on Higgins, etc. The review below mine is for the wrong restaurant and does not apply to this business. People see “Pompeii” but don’t read the address. This restaurant, the Pompeii on Arlington Heights Rd. just south of Lake-Cook Rd., is not associated in any way with the Pompeii chain stores in Schaumburg, Oak Brook, Taylor St, or Lincoln Park. It just happens to have the same name.

So what about this Pompeii?

Our cumulative experience started out very strong and very positive, but took a somewhat disappointing downturn the last time we went. In the past we’ve ordered appetizers and pizzas, with praise-worthy results. Their pizza is one of the very best in the entire NW Chicago area. But this time we ventured farther into the (considerably extensive) menu. The results were less remarkable. The pastas were pretty average, and in at least one case off the mark (scampi) with an imbalance of seasoning evident. For pricier seafood and pasta dishes, they also seemed too light on substance. Presentation was good, and again their appetizers were excellent, but the main course pasta dishes left us feeling a bit jilted. Maybe their menu is too large for a smaller establishment? We’d like to try other dishes, but it’s difficult to do that after the last experience. Pizza, 5. Pasta, 3. So I have to downgrade my rating to a 4.

Quick Italian Pizza

Pompei  Restaurant Reviews

Pompei is located near the cities of Arlington Hts, Rolling Meadows, Prospect Heights, Mt Prospect, and Mount Prospect.
People found this by searching for: Pompei Restaurant Arlington Heights, Pompeii Restaurant Arlington Heights, Pompeii Menu Arlington Heights, Pompeii Arlington Heights Menu, Pizza Arlington Heights Il, Pompeii Pizza Elk River, and Pompei Restaurant In Arlington Hts Il.