728 G A R Hwy
Swansea, MA 02777-4590

Ponderosa Steakhouse

Cuisine: Steakhouse, Seafood, Steak

Ponderosa Steakhouse is a Steakhouse, Seafood, and Steak restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped less than 15%.

heatherarnold11 photo

heatherarnold11

Dartmouth, MA

HORRIBLE RESTAURANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I went to the Ponderosa Steakhouse located on Route 6 in Swansea massachusetts recently. At first the service seemed fine. I walked in and the sweet young lady at the register greated me and took my order and told me to have a great meal. After about 20 minutes of waiting for my waitress, I had to walk upto the group of young girls who were chatting with eachother if I could get the drinks that I had ordered. The waitress then appologized and i sat back down at the table. Another 10 minutes or so went by and I still had no drinks. When the waitress finally came over I had ordered a Medium cooked T-bone which was over cooked to Well when it came to my table. I then asked for another one and the waitress went to the back. I heard her from behind the buffet counter tellin the cook to recook my meal but claimed that i was an “A__hole” and that he should cook it Medium Rare instead of medium so that way i wont “b*tch about it being over cooked again.” When i recieved the steak it was cooked Medium like i asked anyway. When i was at the buffet a little boy was getting food from the buffet and he was taking the nacho chips out of the container with his hand. I told one of the employees about this matter and waited to see if the chips would be changed. The waitress I spoke to must have not told anyone about the chips since nothing seemed to have moved. I then asked the girl at the register that had greated me if i could speak to the manager. A man who introduced himself as Christopher stated that he was the owner and asked me what the problem was. I told him about the chips which were then changed out thankfully, but the complaint about the waitress and the comments didnt seem to phase him since she had not been spoken to. After speaking to him he went behind the buffet where he came from and i hadnt seen him again that night. My table had been cluttered with dirty dishes and i found myself bringing my own dirty plates to their waitress areas to put them in the bus-buckets since my waitress never came over to see me. I asked if there were any comment cards for this restaurant and I was informed that they had ran out and they were “sorry for the inconvenience.” I decided that the service was so horrible that i left the waitress a $2 tip on a $27 bill. As I was leaving I had overheard the waitress tellin the group of waitresses that i had given her a “lousy” tip. This isnt the first time i’ve been to the restaurant and had such an issue with customer service and cleanliness. I have also heard many Horror stories from people i know who have been to this particular restaurant. This place is horrible and i dont recommend anyone waste even a dollar there. Apparently Roaches and other FDA regulations have brought this place close to shut down, from what i have heard, so im very lost at why they are still up and running.

T-bone

Was overcooked the first time it came to my table

krystal21 photo

krystal21

Chepachet, RI

TERRIBLE PLACE!!!!

I ate at the Ponderosa Steakhouse and first of all the food was nasty! Everything was either not cooked right, or rubbery, or cold, or burnt, and I was very unhappy with that! Secondly, the waitress that took my order would take our dirty plates and then serve us our food and drinks without washing her hands and that was nasty! Thirdly, the bathroom was all dirty and the floor was dirty and there was no toilet paper, nothing to wash your hands with, nothing to dry your hands, the toilets has stuff all over them and there was hardly any lights in the bathroom! I would never ever go there again because all it was was nasty and a piece of crap place to eat at! I do not recomment ANYONE to eat there……they don’t even ask you how everything is going or anything they are very rude there and that place is very dirty inside and out! So that is my experience with this steakhouse.

Buffet

Nasty food all together! Was raw, burnt, rubbery and everything else! I would never eat that food again…….I got really sick and everything else from that nasty food!

christ02777 photo

christ02777

Providence, RI

Great Value and Selection

Excellent place to take the family. Very kid friendly and prices are very reasonable. Buffet selection very good and Ribeye steak was tender and tasty. On tuesday nights, the kids were free, and this saved us alot considering we have 3 kids!I would recommend this restaurant to anybody.

Ribeye

Very tasty and tender!!!

hambone photo

hambone

Somerset, MA

Terrible

Tends to get messy in the restaurant. The buffet food can be old and dry most times. The regular menu items are a joke. A big lack of choices: standard mashed potatoes, chicken, meatloaf, meatballs, pizza, & tacos…and a huge tub of butter. The only variety they offer is chicken and beef gravy.

Buffet

Old and Dry.

Steakhouse Seafood Steak

Ponderosa Steakhouse  Restaurant Reviews

People found this by searching for: Steak Swansea, Steak Houses In Swansea, Steak House Swansea, Steakhouse Swansea, Ponderosa Steakhouse Swansea, Ponderosa Steakhouse, and Ponderosa Swansea.