1515 Dillingham Blvd
Honolulu, HI 96817

Popeye's Chicken & Biscuits

Neighborhoods: Kalihi - Palama
Cuisine: American, Lunch, Kid's Menu

Popeye's Chicken & Biscuits is a American, Lunch, and Kid's Menu restaurant where most Menuism users came for a meal on the go and paid less than $10.

• 11/08/2014

A diner from San Jose, CA tried it and didn't like it.

bertha photo

bertha

Honolulu, HI

Rip off

I have come here several times and each time hoped to get better sized portions. Each time I was disappointed. The drums look like buffalo wing sized pieces. For the three piece meal I got one small thigh and two small drumsticks. I went here years ago and loved the larger juicy chicken with that thick crunchy crust. And the flavor was awesome. Now, not only the pieces are smaller but the quality has gone down the tubes. I no longer go there after I got attitude from the manager when I complained about the size. I went online and looked for copycat recipes for Popeyes and I have found one and adapted it and it tastes BETTER than Popeyes. Goodbye to Popeyes!

2. Three (3) Piece Chicken Dinner

As I have said about my experience with Popeyes, my meal three piece meals were all small portions. The flavor was just okay. The meal comes with one biscuit which are now smaller and the mashed potato is also smaller than I remembered them years ago. The value is down the pits as the meal was not worth the price I paid for them each time I have gone there. I even went in there with their coupon one day and the pieces got even SMALLER. I didn’t think that they could be even smaller but they actually were. I now make my own fried chicken and am glad to have stopped going to this place. This restaurant has cut corners to the maximum and I suspect that it has a different owner from back when I used to enjoy eating there. I am glad that this happened to me because I found the secret to making great fried chicken from experimenting with copycat recipes and modifying them.

American Dinner Lunch

Popeye's Chicken & Biscuits  Restaurant Reviews

Popeye's Chicken & Biscuits is located near the cities of Honolulu County, Waikiki, and Fort Shafter.
People found this by searching for: Popeyes Chicken Honolulu, Popeye Chicken, Popeye's Chicken Dillingham, Popeyes Menu Kalihi, Popeyes Kalihi, +Popeye's Chicken Menu, Oahu, Hi, Popeyes Chicken Kalihi Oahu, Popeyes Chicken, and Popeyes Chicken Kalihi.