7475 Mineral Point Rd
Madison, WI 53717

Porky Pine Pete's SmokeHouse BBQ

Cuisine: American, BBQ, Barbecue

Porky Pine Pete's SmokeHouse BBQ is a American, BBQ, and Barbecue restaurant where most Menuism users came for a meal on the go, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

Pros
"Nice people and great food!!"
Cons
"Nothing :)"
Comments
"I love your Resturant ~Sabrina Nolan Ps: tell Patrick (little Patrick) if she remembers me from the old Resturant that I miss her and we are coming to see u guys today!! :)))"
  • 6/28/2013

A diner from Lake In The Hills, IL tried it and liked it. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    Nice people and great food!!
    Cons
    Nothing :)
    Comments

Great BBQ

The place isn’t much to look at from the road, but most really great BBQ joints have that in common. Inside the place is warm and freindly. I happened to stop at “Porky Pine Pete’s” on my way from Minnesota one day. I have been back many times now and it is always the same great food. The service is always friendly and I get a big HOWDY when I enter. They like to serve fun right along with their fantastic BBQ. Home made fresh french fries are awesome. The pulled pork is juicy and tender. The brisket is melt in your mouth good. Ribs are dry rubbed and delicious. The cole slaw and cowboy beans are home made too and very very good. I like everything about this place. I can’t wait to go back to Wisconsin so I can have more of the best BBQ I have ever tasted and I have tasted a lot of BBQ in my travels. You are missing out if you don’t make a trip to Hawkins to eat at Porky Pine Pete’s.

Des photo

Des

Middleton, WI

Great Meat - but it stops there

All of the meat is really good. Unfortunately they appear to believe that’s all they need for a great Barbecue restaurant – because their sides are way below average and they don’t offer any fries or chips with your meal.
Good barbecue is about more than just the meat Pete! For the money you get good meat – but nothing else. The sauce is a disappointment too – now it’s not bad, but its not special at all. It’s grocery store sauce. Again – Pete just does meat and everything else is pedestrian.
After a meal there I haven’t had a good barbecue experience – just some good barbecue meat. IN the end it’s not worth going out of your way for. I’ll probably not go back.

BBQ briskit

The briskit was tender and had enough burnt – ends to make it very good. The bun was the right texture and the bun-to-meat ratio was very good.
But that’s all you get. Meat and bun. The sides are bland and not very good.
I went out for barbecue and got a sandwich – no barbecue experience.
The meat was good, but really not good enough to go back for.

Corebox photo

Corebox

Madison, WI

go for the pulled pork

First off, an exterior sign is recommended. Impossible to find from the street, difficult to spot in the parking lot. The interior is nice and roomy, with the welcoming smell of BBQ that hits you when opening the door. I had called ahead to get a to go order. I was disconnected once during the call…they apparently do not have a landline yet and all calls go through a cell phone. I did not check my order while at the restaurant. Upon arriving at home, I did not receive the fried green tomatos nor the cowboy beans that I had paid for. that was disappointing. I had the Tres Banditos Poco and the Prisket Poink N Moo (brisket and pulled pork sandwich). I’ll start with the positives. The pulled pork was absolutely delicious, much better than Smoky Jons. It was flavorful and tender. A disappointment was that they don’t have their own BBQ sauce. The bun on the Poink N Moo was almost deep fried…it was delicious. The brisket had a nice bark on it. I liked the dry rub on the ribs. The meat was very flavorful and tasty. The negatives: other than the forgotten items, I simply prefer wet ribs over a dry rub. Don’t get me wrong, as the rub was very good, it’s just a matter of personal preference. I thought the brisket was just ok. I prefer that of Smoky Jons…just more taste and more tender. Bottom line: I’ll be back for the pulled pork.

Ribs

the ribs weren’t bad…I just prefer the wet style. The dry rub was very tasty

SnowingKats photo

SnowingKats

Madison, WI

They moved!

Good friend of PPP here and they moved but many who live in Madison are in luck! they have moved to High Point Center

Pork

My fave of all

Ribs

Very good! Lesley keep up the good work

Animal photo

Animal

Bloomer, WI

Good eats!

My son and I stopped at Porky Pine Petes after a weekend of deer hunting. We didn’t know what to expect upon arrival but once we were inside we felt very comfortable. The owners are super nice and the food….delicious! I had the briskit with mashed potatoes and beans. Those beans are better than Famous Dave’s and the briskit definately held it’s own. Very tender and very, very tastey. My son had a burger combo and exclaimed “best burger I ever had!” I am definately going back there to try the ribs and pulled pork, I can’t wait!
P.S. We both ate for $15.00

Pizza in Greenbush

Campus Biryani

Indian in South Campus

Porky Pine Pete's SmokeHouse BBQ  Restaurant Reviews

Porky Pine Pete's SmokeHouse BBQ is located near the cities of Shorewood Hills, Dane County, and Maple Bluff.
People found this by searching for: Porky Pine Pete's Smokehouse Bbq, Prkypine Ptetes Madison, Smokehouse Bbq Madison, Porcupine Pete's Madison, Smokehouse Bbq Madison Wi, Porky Pine Pete Smokehouse, and Porky Pine Petes Smokehouse Bbq.