615 North Upper Broadway
Corpus Christi, TX 78401

Portis Country Kitchen II

Neighborhoods: Central City
Cuisine: American (New), Breakfast, Catering

Portis Country Kitchen II is a American (New), Breakfast, and Catering restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid less than $10, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

The Best Soul Food in Town

My grandson and I visited Portis Kountry kitchen on Thursday 06/13/13, and he really enjoyed his meal of turkey, stuffing, green beans, rice and a side salad, so did I. However, my grandson enjoyed his meal so much that all he talked about was the good tasting food he had eaten at Portis’ K K. The follow day Friday 06/14/13 we had to return to the restaurant so that he could share his experience with his older brother and younger sister. We all totally enjoyed our meals on Friday as well.
Grandson had southern fried chicken, mashed potatoes, cornbread and greens. I ( shared my meal with my granddaughter) and the older grandson selected the country fried catfish (with buttery flavor) macaroni and cheese, mixed greens, cornbread and we all had side salads. As my grandson says “the food at Portis Kountry Kitchen isn’t just good, it’s great”! and you had better believe him when he says this because grandson is 100% correct!~
cannot wait to try the new Kajun dishes…we will be calling next week to find out when the alligator sausage is ready!
what I like most about Portis is that all of the food is served up cafeteria style, so we didn’t have to wait long to get our food.

Catfish

The fried catfish came as a generous portion deep fried with a crispy outside and a good buttery flavor when you bite into it. I ordered a second serving.

The mixed collards and mustard greens. were seasond just right with a good homecooked taste.

The macaronni and cheese had to have been very very good (I didn’t eat any myself) because that picky little granddaughter ate it all without complaints of any sort. she finished up by saying that it was good!

All three of the children had a second helping of the famous Portis cornbread.
we had side salads that come with a beautiful presentation including lettuce, green and/or red peppers, tomatoes and a reasonable selection of salad dressings.

Although Portis offers a good selection of deserts: pecan pie, chocolate and vanilla cake, we chose not to have desert this time.
we all complimented our meal with a glass of ice water.

Downtown American (New) Breakfast

Portis Country Kitchen II  Restaurant Reviews

People found this by searching for: Portis Country Kitchen Ii, Portis Country Kitchen Corpus Christi, Portis Kountry Kitchen Corpus Christi Tx Menu Friday, Menu At Portis Kountry Kitchen Corpus Christi Tx, and Portis Resturant.