64 Market Sq
Portsmouth, NH 03801

Portsmouth Gas Light Co

Cuisine: Pizza, Grill, Burgers

Portsmouth Gas Light Co is a Pizza, Grill, and Burgers restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

Pros
"Great pizza!"
Cons
"Long wait"
Comments
"Don't go on a Saturday night"
  • 2/23/2015

A Pizza chowhound from Newark, NJ tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    Great pizza!
    Cons
    Long wait
    Comments
    Don't go on a Saturday night
    Pizza

discern photo

discern

Portsmouth, NH

Avoid

Previously, I had an above average opinion of the Portsmouth Gas Light Co.; however, after today’s experience, things have taken a sharp turn. My wife called ahead, asking if we could sit on the street level and order from both the upstairs (American fare) and downstairs (pizza) menus, and was told we could. But upon our arrival, after getting settled with a glass of wine, we were told otherwise. They make no exceptions, even for a party of six, on a slow weeknight, to their stodgy, 20-odd-year-old policy of, one menu upstairs and one menu downstairs, no exceptions, even if you are the only people in the restaurant on a slow, spring Tuesday. Period.

When we asked the manager if he would kindly make an exception, his nonchalant and dismissive attitude was the impetus for us to get up and leave him and his staff nearly alone in the restaurant.

Were they go out of business, I would not be the least bit upset, but they won’t, because they get more than their fair share tourists in the summer. But we won’t be back.

jenpink30 photo

jenpink30

Charlestown, MA

Okay. We sat in the main restaurant. We went in expecti...

Okay. We sat in the main restaurant. We went in expecting to spend about $60.00. We walked away spending $100.00. The food was okay. The service was a little slow. The drinks were good. We both got martini’s. John had yellowfin tuna and I had shrimp carbonara. We also had an appetizer which was excellent, spring roll. I would like to go back and sit at the bar outside and try the downstairs for the pizza. The outside bar is always packed in the evening. I’ll give it another try but if I wanted to spend $100.00 I would have probably gone somewhere else, like Le’Sprit

I cannot even begin to describe how many bad experiences ...

I cannot even begin to describe how many bad experiences I have had at this place. I have finally learned my lesson. I will not go back!

Eco photo

Eco

Portsmouth, NH

Pretty good pizza

I don’t go here too often because I love the food and ambiance more at Flatbread’s down the street, but the pizzas here have always been good. They have one with a sweet tomato sauce that I love. I’ve never had a problem with the service whether I’ve gone with a large group or just 2 of us. I don’t love the basement ambiance in the summer either but it’s cozy in the winter.

Pizza Grill Good For Kids

Portsmouth Gas Light Co  Restaurant Reviews

Portsmouth Gas Light Co is located near the cities of Kittery, New Castle, and Kittery Point.
People found this by searching for: Owner Gaslight Pizza ,Nh, Gaslight Pizza Portsmouth Nh, Gaslight Portsmouth, Portsmouth Gas Light Pizza, Gaslight Grill Portsmouth Nh, Gas Light Grill Portsmouth, Nh, Portsmouth Gaslight Contest, Portsmouth Gaslight Restaurant, and Portsmouth Gas Light Restaurant.