4940 Fairmont Ave
Bethesda, MD 20814-6023

Positano Restaurant

Cuisine: Italian, Private Parties, Seafood

• 7/30/2020

An Italian food lover from Silver Spring, MD tried it.

• 3/02/2017

A diner from US tried it.

• 5/31/2014

• 8/17/2013

A dining patron from Brooklyn, NY tried it.

fssanders photo

fssanders

North Potomac, MD

Five Stars, Then & Now

The first restaurant that I ate in upon moving to the Washington DC area in 1980 was Positano. My relatives who recruited me to Maryland had been frequenting the place for a couple years and had built a relationship with its owners. I remember it fondly, but after a few years the owners closed up shop, and went to italy. When they returned they re-established the restaurant, but out of site-out of mind, I never seemed to remember it when thinking of a new place to go.

Last night when a relative came in from New York she requested that we have dinner at Positano. She had heard wonderful things about the place from her friends in DC, and my reaction was “Great – I know the place!”.

But I had forgotten how really good it is!. Our party of eight was seated immediately at a comfortable table with doting service. The restaurant was beautiful inside, the menu simple to understand and reasonably priced, and the food was outstanding. All arrived hot and delectible. The big winners were the Snapper and Chicken Marsala. The Canneloni looked beautiful and the Eggplant Penne delectible. The kitchen was kind enough to alter one of the dishes for someone in our party with food digestion difficulties. A great experience which will have us coming back again, and again.

Don;t neglect the dessert menu – the Cannollis are out of this world.

Chicken Marsala

Well cooked, well presented, with pasta and vegetables. I would order again.

Snapper

Beautiful piece of fish, well cooked with great flavor. Comes with your choice of sauce,

Italian Private Parties Seafood

Positano Restaurant  Restaurant Reviews

Positano Restaurant is located near the cities of 7, Uninc Montgomery County, Chevy Chase Village, Friendship Village, and Martins Add.
People found this by searching for: Restaurant Serving Osso Bucco In Md, Positano Restaurant Bethesda Review, Positano Bethesda, Positano Restaurant Bethesda, Positano's Bethesda, Positano Menu, and Positano Bethesa.