930 5th Ave
Council Bluffs, IA 51501-4034

Primo's Mexican Restaurant

(Between S 10th St and S 9th St)

Cuisine: Lunch, Cafe, Mexican

Primo's Mexican Restaurant is a Lunch, Cafe, and Mexican restaurant where most Menuism users came for a meal on the go and paid between $10 and $25.

Overall
Pros
"The food is great and service is friendly and prompt."
"Best food and service "
"Excellent food and very good pricing ."
Cons
"Open longer times....sometimes I crave it after they've closed!"
Comments
"Best Mexican Food in the midwest! "
"Our new favorit Mexican restaurant"
  • 1/26/2019

A Lunch food lover from US tried it.

• 12/10/2017

A diner from Omaha, NE tried it.

• 7/31/2017

A Lunch chowhound from Council Bluffs, IA tried it and liked it. They liked the food and liked the service.

• 7/10/2017

A diner from US tried it and liked it. They liked the food.

• 6/08/2017

A diner from Council Bluffs, IA tried it.

• 5/12/2017

A diner from Council Bluffs, IA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 4/04/2017

A Lunch food lover from Council Bluffs, IA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    The food is great and service is friendly and prompt.
  • 3/02/2017

A Lunch chowhound from Audubon, IA tried it.

• 1/09/2017

A Lunch chowhound from Council Bluffs, IA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 12/09/2016

A Lunch food lover from West Des Moines, IA tried it.

Si photo

Si

Council Bluffs, IA

Horrible Horrible service and nasty food

I live right around the corner from this establishment. When they first opened I figured “Great” I’d have a close establishment to patronize. So the first time I ordered the Emilio’s special to-go. They said it would take 25 to 30 min before I could Pick it up. I waited 25 minutes to pick it up and once I arrived, I sat there another 10 min waiting for anyone to acknowledge my presence. There was only one other party dining in there. I called over the bar tender, as I was sitting at the bar without being asked if I wanted something to drink, and asked how long before my order would be ready, he acted like I just took away his best friend, he was not happy. Then he hung up the phone and brought my order to me then rang it up and never even said thank you or you’re welcome when I thanked him. I got home and the food was cold. It was nasty. The burrito was flavorless and the beans were bland. I swore I would never patronize that establishment again.
Then yesterday my husband and I decided to just go out for a drink and My husband figured how could they screw up a bottle of beer so we went to Primos since it was close by. We walked in and the waitress asked if there was just two in the party and we said yes and we would just sit at the bar. She continued to the next customers. We sat directly in front of the bar tender, who was chatting and laughing with a friend on the phone. He didn’t acknowledge us at all. We sat there for almost 10 minutes with him just enjoying his conversation on the phone. So I suggested loudly to my husband that we should go to Applebees instead where we could get some service. He didn’t even flinch and continued talking on the phone. I wouldn’t step foot in that place again if you paid me. And I will tell everyone I know what a lousy place this is unless you are latino then they may treat you better. I wouldn’t even give them one star but the system won’t let me give them no stars or minus stars.

Emilio's special

rude service and cold nasty food results once I finally got it.

Online Ordering Dinner Lunch

Primo's Mexican Restaurant  Restaurant Reviews

Primo's Mexican Restaurant is located near the cities of Carter Lake.
People found this by searching for: Primos Council Bluffs, Primos Council Bluffs Ia, Primo Drink Menu Council Bluffs, Primos Council Bluffs Menu, Primos Mexican Restaurant Council Bluffs, Primos Menu Cb Ia, Primos In Council Bluffs, Council Bluffs Dining, and Primos Menu.