775 G St NW
Washington, DC 20001-3727

Proof

Neighborhoods: Downtown
Cuisine: American, Cocktails, Eclectic & International

Proof is a American, Cocktails, and Eclectic & International restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid more than $50, and tipped more than 18%.

FlavorFinder photo

FlavorFinder

Bethesda, MD

Great for wine lovers!

The highlight of this restaurant is the variety of wines available by the glass – you can get a small pour or a regular one, which is nice if you enjoy a smaller taste with your meal during each course. Our waiter was also very helpful in assisting us with pairing meals with each course.

I had been really excited to try this restaurant given the buzz I read about it, and while I enjoyed it, it fell a bit short of my expectations.

The atmosphere is very hip located right near the verizon center. For $12 you can valet, which is handy if there is an event going on.

For my meal I started with the crispy pork confit served over slaw. There were 3 pieces of pork – tasty but a little dry. My family had the waygu sashimi, which was fantastic and the meatballs with angolotti, which were very nice. The crisp bread served to the table was great!

Our entrees were the miso glazed sablefish which I wished I had ordered. It was so yummy! I opted for the spiced peking style duck which was much blander than I expected and did not have any cripsy skin on it. The vegetables it was served on were not that exciting, though the toasted pistachios were a nice touch.

For dessert, I had the carmelized banana with banana bread and icecream. The highlight was the homemade peanut brittle. My hubby’s English toffee pudding cake was a nice take on a traditional English dessert and was very decadent.

All in the atmosphere was very hip as is the location. The service was very good and the wine selection excellent. While I enjoyed my meal, and it was a good one by most standards, it fell a bit short of my expectations.

iPhone dining journal

Good joint, casual attire.

Good joint, casual attire.

Penn Quarter American Cocktails

Washington, DC

foodie22314

Alexandria, VA

Proof   Restaurant Reviews

Proof is located near the cities of National Harbor, Naval Anacost Annex, Washington D C, Fort Lesley J Mcnair, and Rosslyn.
People found this by searching for: Proof Dc, Proof Wine G Street Washington, Proof Dc Restaurant Best Dishes, 775 G Street, Nw Washington, Dc 20001, Proof Restaurant Dc Menu, 775 G Street Nw Washington Dc, and Proof 775 G Street Nw.