13741 Nc Highway 50
Surf City, NC 28443

Quartermaster's Restaurant & Tavern

Cuisine: Seafood, Kid's Menu, Cafe

Quartermaster's Restaurant & Tavern is a Seafood, Kid's Menu, and Cafe restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped less than 15%.

Pros
"Nothing at all was pleasant."
Cons
"Everything, from the service to the food."
Comments
"Avoid this place."
  • 4/01/2015

A dining patron from Ashburn, VA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 9/12/2014

A Seafood chowhound from Atlanta, GA tried it and liked it.

• 9/21/2013

A Seafood chowhound from Hampstead, NC tried it, didn't like it, and rated it . They didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

Pros
    Nothing at all was pleasant.
    Cons
    Everything, from the service to the food.
    Comments
    Avoid this place.
graciemae photo

graciemae

Sneads Ferry, NC

Horrible Horrible

Dont go…the people are rude..its over priced and the food is tasteless…only go if you want to get drunk and dont need to taste the food….it should be on one of those bad restaurant shows….save your money…it is the worst place we have ever eaten at…

smbr photo

smbr

Holly Ridge, NC

OWNER EXTREMELY RUDE AND LACKS SERVICE AND KNOWLEDGE OF HER

A horrible experience at the first place we went, on a weekend with guests from out of town, to celebrate our daughter’s Sweet 16. I called ahead to reserve a table and there were no problems. I spoke with the manager, shortly after we arrived to ensure that dessert was brought out to all of the kids and the first was to my daughter for her 16th Birthday. I told her of my allergy to lemon, she looked annoyed I was talking to her in the first place, I then asked if there was anything on the menu I should stay away from with my allergy to lemon. She said “no, just ask for no lemon and they will be sure there isn’t lemon in it.” I did so, a lemon on my soda and on top of my vegetables. I asked them to please replate the food and give me new vegetables. The manager happened to walk by and I asked her if there was any lemon in the sauce of what I ordered and she replied with “I don’t know, I was hoping you would order a steak or a sandwich.” So much for the manager knowing what’s in the food, or even bothering to ask Chef. Rudely, she said “I can’t guarantee there will or won’t be lemon in anything you order.” So, I ordered a salad. My father-in-law’s meal came AFTER everyone else had FINISHED their meal. He was told he’d get a big discount on his meal. They didn’t separate the checks at the beginning, they waited until the end. We told them each and every person that was on each check. EVERY check came wrong. I asked to just print the whole check out and I’ll number each item for them so they know what to put on each check. It still came out wrong. They didn’t take anything off of my father-in-law’s meal, when we said something, the server apologized and said he would have it comped. The “big discount” that turned into a “comp” was $3 off of a $19 meal. The entire check process was 45-60 minutes with checks still being wrong, so we just gave money to others who had our meals on their tickets. I call to talk to the manager after a few days, they called me back 2 days after my message. That’s when I found out she was the owner. All I had time to say was hello when she started YELLING at me that “nothing is perfect, she’ll never have a party that big again, what do I expect when there are so many people,” blah blah blah. Finally after her rant, I stayed completely calm (hard to do) and told her I was only calling to voice my concern over what had happened..INTERRUPTED rant, more like a 2 year old tantrum, YELLING, “what do you want? What is it that you want me to do? Do you want the server to pay for your meal? We’ll give you back your money! We’ll give you a gift card! What do you want!” Now I’m ticked off to where I can’t contain myself. I told her what I wanted was for her to listen to me and not cut me off. I am NOT going to have a server pay for an over $400 meal period (especially a teenager, but not any server period for ANY MEAL PERIOD)! I called to voice my concerns to you and you won’t let me tell you what my concerns are!..INTERRUPTED yelling at me that she “won’t discuss this over the phone and I NEED TO COME TO HER to handle this!” I said no I won’t, that if she will stop cutting me off she will hear my concerns..INTERRUPTED “Come in and sit down and talk about this! I will NOT discuss this over the phone! What do you want me to do? WHAT DO YOU WANT? I’LL GIVE YOU A DAMN GIFT CARD!” I said for you to shut up and listen to what YOUR customer is calling about instead of interrupting me! I didn’t call for a gift card or for our server to pay for our meal! …INTERRUPTEDCOME IN HERE AND TALK TO ME ABOUT THIS!” I said no, just listen to my concerns, that’s all I..INTERRUPTEDCOME IN HERE AND TALK ABOUT THIS!” as she continued her yelling at me that started from the second I answered the phone with a hello, I simply said “no I’m not coming in and why would I want a gift card to come back when the owner treats a customer like this!” Not sure if she heard me say the last part, because she was too busy screaming and I hung up. The food was a C, service an F, owner an F—-. You don’t treat your customers like that and I feel sorry for anyone who works there. She made it perfectly clear that if a server messes up, they have to pay for that meal. Zero stars. Zero.

Seafood Dinner Good for groups

Quartermaster's Restaurant & Tavern  Restaurant Reviews

People found this by searching for: Quartermaster Restaurant, Quartermasters Surf City Reviews, Quartermasters Surf City Nc, Quartermaster's Restaurant & Tavern Nc, Quartermaster's Tavern, Quartermaster Restaurant Surf City, Quartermasters Surf City, Quartermasters Restaurant, and Quartermaster Surf City Nc.