626 N State St
Chicago, IL 60610

Quartino

Neighborhoods: Near North Side
Cuisine: Italian, Tapas, Small plates

Quartino is a Italian, Tapas, and Small plates restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped more than 18%.

• 12/20/2013

An Italian chowhound from TX tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

tulips500 photo

tulips500

good italiano fun

i came here on a friday night for dinner and the place was bustling & packed! luckily we made reservations (check out the nifty ‘reserve online’ link on the left), and got seated right away.

food: delicious & close to authentic. they have a policy where the food is shared, and comes out as it’s done so this is an excellent place to go w/your girlfriends or a large group to feast on fresh-tasting italian treats.

service: our waiter was so lively & peppy, it was contagious and very appropriate given the boisterous & loud atmosphere.

ambience: a cozy (but loud) italian feel, but still modern at the same time. since it’s not too far fr/the mag mile, there was definitely a strong tourist presence, but quite a nice mix of locals thrown in too. we noticed quite a large number of tables w/dolled-up girlfriends having a good time.

i’d definitely consider returning to quartino.

Zeppole at Quartino

Zeppole

another amazing dessert! these are italian doughnuts – you get a plateful – six or seven – and they taste SO FRESH, almost like they’re hot out of the frying pan. great w/the honey…mmm…

Copa Al Banana at Quartino

Copa Al Banana

for banana lovers! the gelati is sweet & creamy, and the carmelized banana tastes so fresh and goes well w/the gelati. it comes in this cute martini type glass too w/a biscotti on top. great presentation.

Tasting at Quartino

Tasting

a wide mix of olives, cheeses, and salumis – great for sharing! also comes w/6 interesting little dishes to go along w/the olives, cheeses, and salumis.

Shrimp Risotto at Quartino

Shrimp Risotto

creamy & rich, but not too heavy. cooked al dente and topped w/cute little succulent shrimp (not your jumbo shrimps). i love risotto, and this one was excellent.

Roasted Baby Octopus at Quartino

Roasted Baby Octopus

baby octopus? man, these octopus pieces were anything but baby size. pre-sliced and crispy from the roasting, the octopus sits on a bed of well flavored pan-fried spinach that nicely complements.

Quattro Stagioni at Quartino

Quattro Stagioni

delicious thin crust pizza topped w/a wide mix of goodies that tasted well all together. more cheesy than i was expecting, but a great pizza overall.

Grilled Organic Veal Skirt Steak at Quartino

Grilled Organic Veal Skirt Steak

holy cow! this veal was so juicy, succulent, and flavorful. amazing dish. i highly recommend to meat lovers.

Profiteroles at Quartino

Profiteroles

how can you go wrong w/cream puffs + vanilla gelato + chocolate syrup??!? this dessert is absolute heaven and not for the faint of heart. more than enough to split between 4.

Moonbm27 photo

Moonbm27

Tasty and Affordable Italian Tapas and Pizza

I was a little hesitant about Quartino because their menu didn’t seem as extensive as the typical list of tapas you would encounter in the usual spanish tapas type of restaurants. However, if you look a little deeper into their menu, Quartino actually has quite a selection. They have a whole menu just for antipasta. We didn’t order anything from that menu but the table next to us did and it looked pretty good. Food comes out pretty fast here (something I always appreciate!) and the prices are very affordable. Their different sizes of wine carafes makes it easy to sample a lot of different wines. There wasn’t anything I had that I would be dying to go back for but since the menu is pretty extensive and affordable, I would definitely like to go back to try some of their other tapas and pizza.

QUATTRO FORMAGGI PIZZA

Very cheese and crisp. However I felt that the four cheese were not very distinct and just tasted like a one cheese pizza.

BRUSCHETTE

We ordered the portebella bruchette and it was a nice change of pace from the original tomato brushette. Very tasty!

Polenta Fries

We couldn’t resist ordering this dish. The polenta fries came out hot and fresh with a side of sauce. I wasn’t very impressed as the polenta didn’t have much taste and the sauce didnt’ aid in that respect either.

Spaghetti

We wanted a simple pasta dish so we opted for just spaghetti. It was pretty good and it was great for sharing!

Mattjames photo

Mattjames

Evanston, IL

Quartino is the perfect place to go with a group. The fo...

Quartino is the perfect place to go with a group. The food is delciious and comes ready to share. Try the pizzas, the risotto and the meats and cheeses they have at the charcuterie bar…

nealcohen photo

nealcohen

Chicago, IL

I dream of duck prosciutto

There was hype around this place and I’m just wary of dining options in downtown Chicago because they’re often either a mediocre tourist trap or an exceedingly expensive, but delicious, steakhouse.

This Italian tapas joint proved to be high quality, affordable, and unpretentious. Wine options are plentiful and vary greatly in price, plus you have the option of a 1/4, 1/2, or full bottle which is nice if you wanna switch it up throughout the meal.

With our reservation for 3 on a busy Sunday evening, we were seated within 5 minutes of our arrival and food arrived promptly but timed well so that we never had too many dishes on the table at one time.

Rucolina Pizza

Pretty straightforward pizza with good tomato sauce topped with fresh wild arugula to add a nice brightness and slightly bitter flavor

Pappardelle con Cavolfiori

A little richer than I probably needed at the time, but great homemade pasta with a gorgonzola cream sauce? I’ll have that, please. Nice texture added by the cauliflower, apple, and walnut but perhaps one of those extra three add-on ingredients could have been removed for a bit more clarity in the flavors of the dish.

Broccoli Rabe

Fresh tasting, a healthy dose of garlic, and a nice kick from some hot pepper that can be a bit of a surprise if you’re not expecting it but that sorta thing definitely suits my tastes

Duck Prosciutto

Yes yes yes yes yes!

For a non-pork eating foodie, this is a godsend. Fatty, salty, and just plain delicious.

Full disclosure: I’ve already returned for a little duck prosciutto snack’em and a glass of wine as I was passing by with a friend two nights later . . . oops

Shrimp

Our waitress highly recommended this dish and the scallops of all of their seafood offerings but it didn’t do too much for me . . .

Veal Meatballs Napoli

I liked, but didn’t love, these meatballs. They were in a sweet sauce with some raisins but a little drier on the inside than I would’ve preferred

Garganelli con Ragu D'Agnello

A nice al dente imported pasta but the sauce is what stood out here. The rich lamb ragu with some ricotta mixed in will make this one a repeat

michellej photo

michellej

Chicago, IL

I love this place! I remember a friend...

I love this place! I remember a friend mentioned Quartino’s before so I always kept a mental note to try it next time.

This weekend my brother was inviting the whole family to go out for dinner. My sister just happened to watch an episode of Check, Please! the previous night with Quartino’s as one of the highlighted restaurants. She suggested we go there— perfect! We made reservations for a Saturday evening at 7:30 pm and, boy, were we glad we made it because it was packed!!! Our table wasn’t ready when we got there so we had to wait about 10-15 minutes, but I didn’t mind waiting since the host asked us very graciously if we could wait.

Good thing my sister Tivo-ed that episode of Check, Please! so I was able to watch it and keep in mind what people had ordered and loved. We had the braised lamb shank, organic veal skirt steak, crisp calamari, ravioli, sea scallops and pizza w/ gorgonzola, walnuts and pear. Everything was delicious, even the olive oil and bread that came before the dinner! It was the first time I’d tried a bellini— yummy!!!

My favorite had to be the veal skirt steak, just very flavorful! Lamb was delicious and very tender. But the yummy goodness didn’t end there, we had to have dessert! We all shared the Panino, a lemon gelato sandwich, and also the Gran Coppa Quartino. Presentations were nice but taste was even better. My sister who didn’t usually like to eat anything with lemon in it loved the Panino!

It was one of the better dining experiences we had. It’s usually hard to please both the kids and the parents when go out to eat, but Quartino’s managed to please both that night!

JeanC photo

JeanC

Chicago, IL

I liked Quartino a lot. We sat at a booth in...

I liked Quartino a lot. We sat at a booth in the corner; it was cozy. The food is good and worth the price. The desserts are good, too.

jinkwell photo

jinkwell

Italian Tapas

A friend and I went over to Quartino for the first time last night and it was fantabulous. Tapas, small plates – the idea isn’t new. But Quartino’s is an exceptional experience of great small plates and little samplers of wine. The concept works really well here.

I have little to no experience concerning italian cuisine and wines. So the server was very helpful with his suggestions. Though some were misses (i.e. the hard cheese and really, really salty olives), there were great hits as well. We thoroughly enjoyed the sea scallops and the duck proscuitto.

The bellini was lightly sweet and fizzy. And the wine (I forget which one…must check on that soon) went well with the stronger dishes. The dessert was…eh. Vanilla ice cream, banana, and shaved chocolate. But the meal itself was superb.

etoiles photo

etoiles

Chicago, IL

yummy italian tapas! loud and noisy, but...

yummy italian tapas! loud and noisy, but that’s what makes it a fun atmosphere!

Crowded on weekend evenings. Cozy and loud. Not romantic...

Crowded on weekend evenings. Cozy and loud. Not romantic for dates. There’s TV in every corner, playing old movies. Fast service. Great food. Portions are little, tapas-style, but italian food. Pesto gnocchi is very good, or was it pesto risotto? I forgot, but their gnocchi, risotto, and pizzas are delicious! For dessert, you MUST try the profiteroles, or chocolate fondue, or zeppole (italian donute holes, with drizzled honey)..hmmm, delicious.

Italian Tapas River north
Sun-Sat 11:30AM - 12:00AM
Sun-Sat 12:00AM - 02:00AM

Quartino  Restaurant Reviews

Quartino is located near the cities of Pilsen, Armour Square, Near South Side, Mc Kinley Park, and Near West Side.
People found this by searching for: Quattra Chicago, Quattro Chicago Restaurant, Hugo's Frog Bar & Fish House Restaurant, Quartino Chicago Delivery, Quattro Restaurant Chicago, Quattro Restaurant In Chicago, and Qwatinqo Movies Hot Images.