234 N Cedar Lake Rd
Round Lake, IL 60073

Rancho Nuevo Mexican Restaurant

Cuisine: Mexican, Lunch, Breakfast

Rancho Nuevo Mexican Restaurant is a Mexican, Lunch, and Breakfast restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.

Overall
Pros
"EVERYTHING WAS AWESOME!! 5stars all the way"
"THE SOUP AT THE BEGINNING OF YOUR MEAL!"
Cons
"EVERYTHING!!"
"The service"
  • 4/09/2016

A Mexican food lover from Lake Villa, IL tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    EVERYTHING WAS AWESOME!! 5stars all the way
    Cons
    EVERYTHING!!
  • 9/18/2015

A Mexican food lover from Crystal Lake, IL tried it.

• 5/10/2015

A Mexican food lover from Chicago, IL tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, didn't like the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    THE SOUP AT THE BEGINNING OF YOUR MEAL!
    Cons
    The service
  • 2/02/2015

A diner from Chicago, IL tried it and liked it.

• 11/02/2014

A Mexican chowhound from Chicago, IL tried it and liked it.

• 9/02/2014

A dining patron from Chicago, IL tried it and liked it. They liked the food.

• 7/23/2014

A dining patron from Chicago, IL tried it.

• 4/11/2014

A dining patron from Chicago, IL tried it.

• 1/14/2014

A Mexican food lover from Chicago, IL tried it.

• 1/04/2014

A dining patron from Grayslake, IL tried it and liked it. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

TallBlonde photo

TallBlonde

Chicago, IL

Great Mexican food, affordable prices, outstanding service.

We had a three hour layover in Round Lake and were really hungry. We found Rancho Nuevo on Cedar Lake Road and are delighted that we did.

We began with tall, cool glasses of cinnamon flavored horchata and salsa and chips. The chips were crispy; not greasy or dry and the salsa had just the right amount of spice.

I ordered enchiladas verde with cheese and my husband got the enchiladas suizas. His was very good, but my enchiladas verde were exceptional. The green sauce, made with tomatillos, had a velvety-creaminess quite different from the tangy green sauce I am accustomed to. Very tasty!

The service was very good, especially considering that it was a Saturday night and the place was packed. The waitress even brought us a styrofoam container for leftovers – but there weren’t any! Even though I was already filled up from the horchata and chips, I managed to get down every last bite of those creamy enchiladas.

I highly recommend this delightful eatery.

Enchildas Verdes

see general review

LostOsbourne photo

LostOsbourne

Antioch, IL

Excellent!

So fresh and good. And the prices are reasonable. You get huge portions of authentic mexican food. The wait staff is pleasant and friendly as well.

Chimighunga

threedog007 photo

threedog007

Fox Lake, IL

great anytime restaurant!!

My wifeand I frequently go to this restaurant, and all I can say is that this is one of the BEST lower priced restaurants that we have ever been to. If it wasn’t the complimentary chicken soup( which is outstanding by itself ), then the staff and prices make this place great to eat at. And i also have NEVER seen any cleanliness issues.this place gets 3 thumbs up!!!!!!
I recomend the “Carne Asada Zamora”- best anywhere

carne asada zamora

not to spicy but really hits the spot…………….can never finish, too much food

kato258 photo

kato258

Buffalo Grove, IL

Great Food

The wife and I have eaten here about once a month since we discovered this place a year ago. They have authentic Mexican food at reasonable prices. The staff is friendly but sometimes overwhelmed. The place is VERY popular with the locals. We especially like the Enchiladas there. She orders the Suizas and I get the Verdes. The portions are very generous. Contrary to the other reviewer, we have never noticed any cleanliness issues, and believe me, my wife is very picky.

Enchildas Verdes

Very tasty, 3 generous enchiladas; choice of beef, steak, chicken or cheese. Includes rice, beans, soup and salsa chips,

LASTLEO822 photo

LASTLEO822

Paris, IL

Dead Fly IN MY FOOD

DO NOT EAT HERE I placed a order for carry out when i got home their was a taco dinner and nachos missing, when we ate the food I found a dead fly in my beans that’s just GROSS. I have never found dead bugs in my food before, it definitely ruined my whole families appetites and no one could finish their food. What a waste of $60 when I called the restaurant they denied it, just bad business

Mexican Lunch Breakfast

Rancho Nuevo Mexican Restaurant  Restaurant Reviews

Rancho Nuevo Mexican Restaurant is located near the cities of Round Lake Park, Round Lake Beach, Avon Township, Hainesville, and Round Lake Heights.
People found this by searching for: Rancho Nuevo Round Lake Il, Rancho Nuevo Restaurant, Ranch Nuevo In Round Lake Il.Com, Rancho Nuevo Menu, Rancho Nuevo Round Lake Menu, Rancho Nuevo Menu Round Lake Il, Rancho Nuevo Round Lake, and Rancho Nuevo Mexican Restaurant.