842 Valencia St
San Francisco, CA 94110

Range

Neighborhoods: Castro
Cuisine: American, Vegan, Gluten Free

Range is a American, Vegan, and Gluten Free restaurant where most Menuism users came for a romantic date, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

mandeelish photo

mandeelish

Santa Clara, CA

Lovely dining at the Range

I’ve read a couple glowing reviews about Range, so I was quite excited about going. I was not disappointed!

After a very disappointing evening the night before with lackluster service, I was so relieved that the service here was so good. My water was always refilled, and the waitress was so nice and friendly.

I recommend trying this place out. It’s great for a small group of friends, or for a date. Prices are very reasonable for the quality of food. And portions aren’t bad, either!

Recs for food:
Starter – The clams or the salad.
Entree – Bavette steak
Dessert – Coconut bavarian

opilicious photo

opilicious

San Jose, CA

Full Range of Service

This Mission district restaurant has great food and stellar service.

Food was well prepared and flavorful. Portions were large enough to get you full, but small enough to leave room in your belly for their tasty desserts.

Service here is what brought my rating to 5 stars. The waitstaff was exceptional. Our server was friendly and attentive. Our water glasses always full. Plates/silverware were brought out and taken away with minimal interruption. And my gf noticed our desserts being brought out when she was on her way to the bathroom. Since the server noticed that she was missing from the table, he waited until she was back before bringing our desserts to the table. Very professional and appreciated.

Ambience is great for casual dining with friends or romantic dates. Dim lighting with simple decor provides the backdrop for a very gratifying dining experience.

Bavette Steak

The sherry reduction sauce was very good.

Manilla Clams

This was awesome! The clams with sausages went very well together. Sopping up the juices with the garlic toast was delicious.

Coconut Bavarian

Very very good. The coconut bavarian had a very subtle hint of coconut which was good and it was paired perfectly with the mandarin sorbet. very nice!

Chocolate Souffle

I’m not a fan on bittersweet chocolate, so I would’ve preferred a sweeter taste. But I had no problems stuffing this down my throat.

lvchan photo

lvchan

Just Right

We licked every last bite off our plates and left feeling very satisfied, but not full! The portions really were just right such that we were able to try appetizers, entrees, and dessert!

chicken and pork stuffed pasta with parmesan broth

Rich, yet light.

Beet salad with goat cheese

Great balance of greens, beets, and cheese

skate wing

Not nearly as tasty as i would have hoped for

strawberry shortcake

Delicious! Very lemony and light, strawberries and cream added just the right amount of sweetness.

mikeop34 photo

mikeop34

Range - enjoyable but poorly balanced

Range has been earning raves from most publications and websites I read and everyone I know who’s eaten there. I would have raved, too, but my meal a couple weeks ago suffered from a major problem – too much SALT.

As in, both entrees I tried were salty to the point of ruining some finely crisped pieces of chicken skin! And going again and again for water is annoying, too. It’s like there were brief windows where you could taste the flavors underneath, but overall, you kept coming back to … SALT! That being said, the roasted chicken is juicy and fresh, the deconstructed “stuffing” on the outside was delicious with the chicken. The halibut sat on a very rich sauce, which in addition to being too salty, also kind of overpowered the fish.

Both appetizers were better balanced – green tomato soup and little gem salad. I appreciate the idea of the salad, using fresh little gem lettuce as a base for toasted almonds and fresh nectarines. But why only slivers of almonds? Surely, a salad deserves more than a couple almonds.

The chocolate souffle was one of the better souffles I’ve had in SF. Not too sweet, not too cakey. Just fluffy enough, and a rather generous portion.

Very good restaurant! Super goodness. mmm... veggie pot...

Very good restaurant! Super goodness. mmm… veggie pot stew….

Delicious sage infused mojito. Delicious seared Ono. No...

Delicious sage infused mojito. Delicious seared Ono. No water for 20 minutes after having seated. Will come back for the food and give service one more chance.

American Vegan Gluten Free

Pizza in Parkside

The Cake Gallery

Bakeries in South Of Market

Range  Restaurant Reviews

Range is located near the cities of Hayes Valley, Mission District, , Chinatown, and Haight Ashbury.
People found this by searching for: Soup Mission Castro Valencia San Francisco, Range Restaurant San Francisco, Diners In Mission District, San Francisco, Ca, Range San Francisco, The Range Restaurant San Francisco, The Range San Francisco, and Range Reviews Sf.