6049 Seaview Ave Nw

No Rating
tomato photo

tomato

Not so great

I have been here twice, once on 3/19/2007, and once 11/11/2009. Both times was for Dine Around Seattle (or Twenty-five for Twenty-five, as it was in 2007).

I didn’t really like it either time. I don’t remember the details of the first time I went, I just remember I didn’t really like it. I really want to like this place, because I love seafood, but I just…don’t like it.

This time, I had the ling cod, and the caramel pot de creme for dessert. I disliked my fish so much, I didn’t finish it and gave it to my dining companion. It tasted like someone went and removed the fish from a McDonald’s fish filet sandwich and put it on my plate. I was extremely displeased with it. Maybe I just don’t like cod, I don’t know. The dessert was better, but not enough to make up for my entree. I don’t remember the details of my appetizer, it was some kind of soup, and it was…gross, to say the least. It was a puree of some sort, but too liquidy.

I like the intimate atmosphere, but I still don’t get the whole thing about being able to see the water from your table—it’s pitch dark outside, you really can’t see much of anything except the occasional lights from some ugly tugboat. Hardly romantic.

I probably won’t be going back to Ray’s Boathouse again.

asdefood photo

asdefood

Seattle, WA

for seafood, i'd go elsewhere

I’ve been to Ray’s 3 or 4 times, both for the Dine Around Seattle deals and also regular dinner with friends. I know some who really like it, but everything I’ve ever ordered has led me to think that there are other restaurants of the same price range where I’ve had better seafood. Last time I had the pacific ling cod, which was good for a cod but still a cod at the end of the day and not something I would eat again if given the choice (I just wanted to break out of the salmon/halibut rut that is easy to get into around here). Previously, the cioppino left something to be desired, though my experience with that dish started with the famous version at Phil’s Fish Market so I could be chasing after the locally unattainable. I can’t remember the other fish I’ve had before (probably salmon and halbut), but what I definitely don’t remember is having a perfectly juicy and moist fish here.

nasser77 photo

nasser77

Savannah, GA

The perfect place to enjoy lunch on a sunny day is at Ray...

The perfect place to enjoy lunch on a sunny day is at Ray’s cafe. Mussels and smoked salmon skewers for appetizers were flawless. Mains were also good. Service is friendly. The place is very popular and on weekends there might be a wait to get an outside table if the weather is nice. You can’t go wrong here.

iPhone dining journal

Great

Great

Been once for dinner. Although it was a rainy...

Been once for dinner. Although it was a rainy Seattle day, I can see how this would be a perfect spot to take someone to in the summer. Good selection of well thought out dishes. The halibut had good flavors, but was a little dry in texture.

beebler photo

beebler

San Francisco, CA

A nice place to eat a sunset dinner. The view...

A nice place to eat a sunset dinner. The view overlooks water and is very very nice. Seafood’s great but the portions are a bit small. Make sure you get some appetizers. You should expect this from this type of place though. A bit cramped in seating, but this place is quite popular so I guess they have to do it this way. Pleasant.

MS Prime Ballard Seafood
Sun,Sat 05:00PM - 09:30PM
Mon-Fri 05:00PM - 09:00PM (Boathouse)
Sun,Sat 11:30AM - 10:00PM (Cafe)
raysboathouse photo
raysboathouse, the Owner, says:

A Seattle icon since 1973, Ray’s Boathouse is internationally renowned for its unparalleled Northwest seafood and breathtaking waterfront view of Puget Sound and the Olympic Mountains. The finest sustainable Northwest seafood, artisan cheeses, local produce, Wine Spectator award-winning wine list, and our trademark hospitality make Ray’s Boathouse an unforgettable dining experience. ***Please note that online reservations are for Ray’s Boathouse, not the Café upstairs or the deck. Please call 206.782.0094 to make reservations for the Café.

From CityGrid:

fatjack

Bellevue, WA

benwilde

Ray's Boathouse Restaurant, Cafe & Catering  Restaurant Reviews

Ray's Boathouse Restaurant, Cafe & Catering is located near the cities of Vancouver, Capitol Hill, Madrona, Madison Park, and Broken Arrow.
People found this by searching for: Ray's Boathouse Salmon Skewers, Rays Boathouse Sunset, Rays Boathouse Cioppino, Ray's Boathouse Sunset, Ray's Boathouse Sunset Dinner, "Ray's Cafe""Savannah, Ga", and Sunset View Seattle Restaurant.