Ray's Cafe & Tea House

Neighborhoods: Center City East
Cuisine: Asian, Lunch, Cafe

Ray's Cafe & Tea House is a Asian, Lunch, and Cafe restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal.

ordo photo

ordo

Cherry Hill, NJ

A Neighborhood Gem

Had I not read favorable reviews, I would never have chanced visiting this small non-descript restaurant. But don’t misunderstand my comment . . . the restaurant was cheerful, tidy and very clean.

The hot and sour soup was the best I’ve ever tasted . . .admirably spicy with some crunchie vegetables.

Having been weaned to spicy tastes by my West African aide (I am a paraplegic), I couldn’t resist trying an extra appetizer . . the cabbage salad. It was a real sizzler and most enjoyable.

My entre was billed as Hot & Spicy Chicken (or something like that). It was not as hot as the previous dishes, but very tasty.

The server was very willing and anxious to please, but too quick. I had to give him a parting lecture on the virtue of slowing down, with particular emphasis on NEVER having two courses on the table at the same time. He received the criticism graciously.

Another point worth mentioning is value . . . an appetizer and entree can be ordered for $8.95!

All in all, as you can see from my rating, I liked this restaurant very much, actually even a bit more than 4.0 stars. I plan to return in the near future.

Asian Cheap Eats Live music
Tips
  • The space is simple and small, with young servers so polite and unassuming they'll restore your faith in America's youth. At the coffee bar, an elaborate construction of glass bulbs and Bunsen burners brews what connoisseurs know as the finest coffee in town.
John's Place

Pizza in Fairmount-Spring Garden

The Couch Tomato Bistro

Tapas in Manayunk

Ray's Cafe & Tea House  Restaurant Reviews

Ray's Cafe & Tea House is located near the cities of Middle City East, Rittenhouse, Middle City West, and William Penn Annex East.
People found this by searching for: Ray's Asian Philadelphia, Tea Places In Center City Pa, Www.Bestteahousesincentercity.Com, Tea Time In Center City, Philadelphia, Tea House Center City, Best Tea Center City Philadelphia, Teahouses In Center City Philadelphia Pa, Rays Noodle House Philadelphia, Pa, and Best Tea House Center City Philadelphia.