Ray's on the River

Cuisine: American, Vegan, Breakfast

Ray's on the River is a American, Vegan, and Breakfast restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped less than 15%.

Overall
  • 1/26/2015

A dining patron from Atlanta, GA tried it and liked it. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 8/17/2014

A diner from Ashburn, VA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 6/28/2014

A diner from Miami, FL tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 6/18/2014

An American food lover from Chicago, IL tried it and liked it. They liked the food and liked the service.

• 6/06/2014

An American food lover from Ashburn, VA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

ToniThomas photo

ToniThomas

Atlanta, GA

Our Dining Experience 8-15-09

Horrible . . . Absolutely disgustingly Horrible!! There were 7 of us – three couples and a single woman. My husband from the first moment told the waiter we wanted separate checks. When the first course came, the waiter asked ’ who ordered what’. The salads got all confused. We had to wait for bread and were told ‘they were making more’. We had to ask for water. When the appetizers were through, no one cleared the table and when the main courses appeared again it was "who gets this?, who gets that??. And, we still had dirty dishes on the table from the appetizers. The attitude of the help was ‘we don’t care.’
Because four of us were sitting against a wall, we couldn’t be served from behind – so we had to be handed dishes to pass down to others. Some of the plates were hot as they passed them on to us.

Midway through the dining, the manager did change the wait staff assisting us. One lady – supposed to be the head waitress – came by with a very distinct attitude toward distain for us. Again, she basically slid plates across the table and from nowhere appeared two plates of desserts. We did not order these. When I asked her about this, she said that "she ordered it’.

Now, mind you, we had several restaurant and advertising people amongst this group. Our daughter and son-in-law own and are the Photographers for FLAVORS Magazine. Another young lady works for the Sunday Paper and formerly had spent 20+years at Creative Loafing. Her husband owns "The Flying Biscuit’. And yet another lady owns "The Entertainment Guide’. We WILL be in touch with the owner and our friends.

One of the entrees had three flimsy pieces of asparagus as a side order which cost $8.00. When we spoke with a manger, he said, ‘oh’. No one came to the table to ask if we were satisfied. There is much more as to how poor the service was, but in the end we all had only one bill. Not separate bills as we requested. We all had many different prices of meals. But, in order to alleviate us having to decipher who had what, the three men just split the bill three ways. We ended up paying $25 more than we had ordered just to accommodate the evening. WE WILL NEVER, EVER go back to Rays again. And, we will certainly follow up tomorrow with more complaints to the owner who is a very good friend of one of the gentlemen at the table.
Overall this is the worst dining experience I have ever experieinced.

Horshradish Grouper

Grouper on pile of mashed potatoes – not worth $30

tam photo

tam

Atlanta, GA

horrible

Hello everyone! I took my wife and my daughter out to Ray’s looking for the same service we got before but was upset my med. well 12oz. filet was served burnt and med. rare. Waited over 10 min. to get the waitress to the table had the filet reordered while my wives got cold as we waited for mine to be cooked again. Finally lynn our server brought it out it seemed to be cooked right but i believe they microwaved it because it was grainy like a sirloin. By then it was late they were closing and here comes lynn with desert we did not order and it was a praline strawberry desert which before this, we asked for a desert menu. We told her we did not want that. I over hear lynn g. tell her manager that she tried to give us the praline that was left over in the freezer but we declined and had cheesecake. Just horrible service and food we waited forever for drinks and everything still paid 55.00 for my filet, desert was free, wow 7.50 free for two hours of my time to eat for valentines day. I hope this review helps your decision on a nice evening with your significant other. Happy Valentines ladies!!!!

July 22, 2013

phenomenal place to have a perfect evening. I recently celebrated my birthday there and it was absolutely wonderful. The steak melted in my mouth!!! Considering doing my wedding here.
January 21, 2013

My favorite restaurant in Atlanta, great food, great service and the ambiance is outstanding!
April 12, 2012

Very Bad Experience

My night at Rays was terrible due the average food and the poor service. Our waiter was a sarcastic fool. The food was nothing to rave about and I feel that Rays is one of those places that tries to survive on the past. Do not waste…

American Dinner Parking
Tips
  • Ray's does not accept reservations for brunches, so show up early if you want prime river-watching seats.
  • Live jazz from Thursday through Saturday evenings sets a lovely mood for a romantic dinner.
Sun 05:00PM - 09:00PM
Mon-Thu 11:00AM - 02:30PM
Mon-Thu 05:00PM - 10:00PM
Fri 11:00AM - 02:30PM
Fri 05:00PM - 11:00PM
Sat 05:00PM - 11:00PM
Sun 09:30AM - 03:00PM

Ray's on the River  Restaurant Reviews

Ray's on the River is located near the cities of Airport Mail Center, Atl, Bankhead, Midtown Atlanta, and Lastrup.
People found this by searching for: Ray's On The River, Rays On The River Restaurant, Rays On The River Atlanta Restaurant, Rays On The River Restaurant Locations, Rays On The River, Ray's On The River Atlanta Menu, Rays On The River Menu Atlanta, and Rays On The River Menu.