1470 Rue Ste-Catherine E
Montreal Metro Area, QC H2L 2J1

Rebel Brasserie Urbaine

(Between Rue Dalcourt and Rue Alexandre-de-Sève)

Neighborhoods: Saint-Jacques
Cuisine: Bistro, French, Burgers

Rebel Brasserie Urbaine is a Bistro, French, and Burgers restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends and paid between $10 and $25.

rwarren69 photo

rwarren69

Montréal, QC

Deliciously different

I was here for supper during the summer. The terrasse was packed, so our group sat inside.

Lunch specials, written on a blackboard and attractively priced, were sadly not available at dinner time. Instead we had a special summer menu to choose from, featuring burgers, salads, and other tempting fare. But what really appealed to me were the desserts. They sounded very unusual, even one named after me! I ended up having an unusual meal: soup with two desserts, no mains, and a few tastes from my tablemates.

Presentation is really special here. I could kick myself for leaving my camera at home! The baguette slices arrive on a spike, much like an old-fashioned bill holder, with a small jar (yes a actual jar with a glass lid) of butter. Several dishes, including one of the desserts, are served on blackboards with a wooden edge. My soup came in a homey earthenware bowl. Ask for fresh ground pepper, and the waiter will turn the handle on a truly antique-looking contraption, pull open a drawer, and mete out the pepper with a small spoon.

Towards the end of our stay, a singer and pianist regaled us with songs in both French and English. At least, that’s what was intended: the music volume was turned up to the point of distortion, and I could no longer follow the conversations at the table.

I enjoyed what I ordered and I would consider going back here.

carrot soup

The carrot and orange (color and flavor) soup included rosemary. On the side was a Parmesan cheese twist with sundried tomato pesto.

Rebel poutine

I wish I had brought my camera for this one! It was served on a board. Grilled pineapple served as the fries, chunks of cheesecake for the curds, caramel sauce for the gravy, all spilling out of a tiny paper bag. Incredibly realistic looking, and very tasty! I could have eaten a mountain of this.

Rosemary crumble

This was a mini parfait with savory granola, pecans, vanilla ice cream, lemon foam, and a “lemon lacquer”. Pretty, but the flavors clashed a bit. Compared to the poutine, this wasn’t very sweet. The granola and nuts stayed very hard.

bean salad

This salad included lots of green beans, left long and untrimmed; bread croutons, pine nuts, bacon, and truffle oil.

mushroom and duck confit risotto

Very salty!

Bistro French Burgers

Rebel Brasserie Urbaine  Restaurant Reviews

Rebel Brasserie Urbaine is located near the cities of St Colomban and Saint Colomban.
People found this by searching for: Owner Of Rebel Brasserie, Rebel Brasserie Urbaine Montreal Menu, Brasserie Rebel Montreal, Rebel Rue Ste Catherine, and Brasserie Urbaine Ste Catherine.