Red Agave

Neighborhoods: Market District
Cuisine: Southwestern, Nuevo Latino, Latin American

Red Agave is a Southwestern, Nuevo Latino, and Latin American restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid more than $50, and tipped more than 18%.

aleckovac photo

aleckovac

Eugene, OR

Prices down, portions up, food better than ever.

I’ll admit that there have been times when the Red Agave was hard to love. Dodgy service, inconsistent food…but the new chef and new owner have got the place back in the groove. The recipes are farther ranging than they used to be. I had an Argentinian preparation of Buffalo ($22) that was spectacular. It had a horseradish and pinenut paste with chimichuri. I can eat, but I took half of it home. That may have been because we split the vegetarian tamale and the pork belly. The belly has been on my mind ever since. The waiter told us that its the national dish of Brazil and we understood why. When the owner heard we ordered the Buffalo we zipped off and came back with a deep, lingering glass of Monastrell. We had a ball, and we didn’t break the bank. Its the best thing going in Eugene if you like food.

Chipeacha photo

Chipeacha

Eugene, OR

Raised their prices! For the cost, go to Soriah instead!

Last year I was all about Red Agave, it was THE place to show out-of-towners that we could do good food. This southwest fusion restaurant had all the right moxie. Until I took a group there two weeks ago…

Let’s just say that the six of us spent $300 and left feeling hungry. The price of a meal is sky high, and the portions, while being fancily-displayed, were minuscule. I felt embarrassed. $33 only got a 6 ounce portion of fish, with no real side to speak of. $20 got a single, lonesome stuffed pepper that, honestly, was as good as many at family Mexican restaurants. The service was lackluster considering the cost of the food.
I feel bad being so harsh but I don’t want others to have the same experience. Go to Soriah instead for a fancy dinner to not be disappointed.

RobertCanaga photo

RobertCanaga

Eugene, OR

New owner, same good food

I enjoy taking my wife and mother in law out on the town and since on is a vegetarian and the other is diabetic, sometimes it is difficult to find a good place to satisfy all of us.
I love a good steak and Red Agave has never let me down. They treat my wife very well and if she does not like the vegie choice that day they will oblige her with something else.
Great wine selection also.

Adam's Place

Asian in Downtown

Boulevard Grill

American in Fairmount

Red Agave

Southwestern in Downtown

2/07/2018

A Seafood food lover from TX tried Long John Silver's in Western.

2/05/2018

A diner from Eugene, OR tried The Dough Co. in Downtown.

2/03/2018

A Pizza chowhound from Eugene, OR tried Pizza Hut in Western.

2/01/2018

A diner from Eugene, OR tried Royal India.

2/01/2018

A Thai chowhound from Springfield, OR tried Thai Spice.

1/27/2018

A Chinese food lover from Eugene, OR tried Good Taste Chinese Restaurant and liked it.

1/09/2018

An Asian fusion food lover from Eugene, OR tried Blu Mist Restaurant and Bar.

1/02/2018

A dining patron from US tried The Burger House, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

12/23/2017

A Chinese food lover from Eugene, OR tried Chen's Happy Garden in River Road.

12/18/2017

A Chinese food lover from Eugene, OR tried Empire Buffet in University, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Southwestern Nuevo Latino Takeout
Papa John's Pizza

Pizza in Santa Clara

Red Agave  Restaurant Reviews

Red Agave is located near the cities of River Road.
People found this by searching for: Brazilian Restaurant Eugene Oregon, Red Agave Eugene Menu, Red Agave In Eugene, Red Agave, Red Agave Restaurant Eugene Oregon, Red Agave Eugene, Redagave.Net, Red Agave Eigene, and Red Agave Restaurant.