Red Dragon Restaurant

Neighborhoods: Lowry Hill East
Cuisine: Chinese, Lunch, Breakfast

Red Dragon Restaurant is a Chinese, Lunch, and Breakfast restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends.

BananaWoo photo

BananaWoo

Minneapolis, MN

Bad Vibe Keeps me From Dining

I guess I can’t say that I’ve been here to dine, but based on my experience during the ‘bar’ hours I don’t think I’ll ever try it. I can think of a million other Chinese restaurants that I would suggest first in the Uptown area.

First of all, this place is very dirty. Not sure if the patrons during the evening have anything to do with that fact (i.e. coming in, being disrespectful and trashing the place), but if it looks and operates during the day like the does during the night I would not trust the food. It looks very 80s Chinese with worn red carpets and booths. The place is big and open, but over-stuffed with people looking to get drunk for cheap during the evenings. The place is smelly, sticky and overly loud which is just not my scene. However, I will give the Red Dragon credit for attracting a big crowd with fish bowl drinks alone. I doubt anyone goes here for the ambiance. And yes, the fish bowl drinks are super strong. The Wondrous Punch is pink in color, but mostly rum. If it was delicious and strong that would be a different story, but you might as well just go next door to Humm’s, pick up a fifth of Paramount rum and drink it in the alley.

Last time I visited I was harassed by a group of guys who kept asking me if I was Bruce Lee’s sister. They apparently found this to be hilarious because they would not leave me alone while I stood by the bar waiting for my drink. We managed to deal with this place for about a half hour before I just had to leave. I downed my punch (2nd worst idea after choosing to go to the Red Dragon in the first place) and we went across the street to Rudolph’s. I don’t recommend going here on a date or with family, I might not recommend this place period. However, a couple friends of mine swear by the Red Dragon as a good place for cheap drinks and a fun time. I will continue to disagree.

October 28, 2009

Really strong cocktails

I went here with some friends for some apps and a few cocktails, I had 3 'Fog-Cutters" (which I had never had before) I was literally drunk as a skunk! they hit me so fast, I didnt think that this place would make such strong drinks!!…
April 13, 2009

Famous for The Wonderous Punch!!

I have never had their food, but its a hot spot for a night out! If you just want to buy one drink and be good for the night, then try the Wonderous Punch! The service is good as well, very friendly!

Rudolph's Bar-B-Que

Coffeehouse in Lowry Hill East

Quiznos Sub

Sandwiches in Stevens Square

5/21/2017

An Asian food lover from Minneapolis, MN tried Lotus - Uptown (CLOSED) in Uptown, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

5/20/2017

A Chinese food lover from IL tried Hui's Chow Mein in Hawthorne, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

5/19/2017

A diner from IL tried Lien Son Restaurant in Northeast Park and liked it.

5/19/2017

An American chowhound from Eden Prairie, MN tried Annie's Parlour in Dinkytown and liked it.

5/18/2017

A dining patron from US tried Retro Bistro Crystal Lake.

5/17/2017

A dining patron from Minneapolis, MN tried Curran's Family Restaurant in Kingfield.

5/15/2017

An Asian chowhound from Minneapolis, MN tried Lotus - Uptown (CLOSED) in Uptown, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

5/14/2017

A dining patron from US tried Embers Restaurant and liked it. They liked the food.

5/12/2017

A Bakeries food lover from Minneapolis, MN tried A Baker's Wife Pastry Shop in Standish, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

5/11/2017

Latanyatf tried A & J Fish/Chicken in Phillips, liked it, and rated it . Latanyatf liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Chinese Lunch Breakfast
Tips
  • Red Dragon shares a lot with a liquor store and an apartment building, which means there are about 12 spots for restaurant customers, and they fill up quick. Make sure to read the signs because the liquor store will tow.
  • The Hollywood vibe gets more pronounced as the night wears on and Mai Tai-sipping crowds fill the tables.
Mon-Fri 11:00AM - 01:00AM

American in Downtown West

Sanctuary

Fusion in Downtown East

Red Dragon Restaurant  Restaurant Reviews

Red Dragon Restaurant is located near the cities of St Anthony and Saint Anthony.
People found this by searching for: Red Dragon Minneapolis, Red Dragon Menu Minneapolis, Red Dragon Minneapolis, Mn Menu, Red Dragon Restaurant Minneapolis, Red Dragon Menu, Red Dragon Minneapolis Menu, Red Chinese Dragon Restaurant In Mpls,Mn, and Red Dragon Minneapolis Mn Menu.