Redang Island

Neighborhoods: Sunset Park
Cuisine: Malaysian, Catering, Lunch

Redang Island is a Malaysian, Catering, and Lunch restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

foodman65 photo

foodman65

Brooklyn, NY

I was disappointed (rasa sayang)

After having lived in Malaysia for over two years (Kulai, Johore about 20 miles north of Singapore) I sometimes get in the mood for the food. I have tried all the other Malaysian rest’s in Brooklyn and a few in Manhattan as well, so we decided to try Redang Island (8th Ave. Brooklyn). I speak fluent Malay and pretty good Mandarin but I like to keep that to myself the first time.

We ordered Roti Canai, Malaysian Buddist for my wife and Prawns in Spicey Curry with white rice for myself. They brought the prawns while I was still eating the roti, which is unfortunatly, typical. The real problem was that the prawns smelled bad, were hard and rubbery, very dry and NOTwhat I was expecting.
I told the waiter, a nice young man that I couldn’t eat it. He took it away but came back a few minutes later and informed me that in “this special dish the prawns were supposed to be much firmer”
I couldn’t believe it! The prawns were simply over cooked and probably not as fresh as they should be. He took them away and didn’t charge me but the damage was done.

Btn photo

Btn

Brooklyn, NY

ewww

ok so i’ve never had malaysian food before so i decided to try for the first time. I had it delivered to my home and they took more than an hour to get here the total price they charged me was at least $7 more than the menu prices and the delivery guy took my money and waled away without giving me any change and i wasn’t gonna run after him for 3 bucks but i thought they had already charged me for delivery since they over charged. Anyways on to the food. i ordered pad thai which was greasy oily and brown not like what i’m used to and they had tofu in there which tasted disgusting and the reason i’m posting at 5 in the morning is because my stomach is still upset and i haven’t slept since i had this gross food which i barely ate. then this other item roti tepur ewww so oily and gross. Just ewww

Pad Thai

Malaysian Kid Friendly Catering
Nicky's Pizza

Pizza in Bensonhurst

La Cuarta

Chicken in Greenwood

Redang Island  Restaurant Reviews

Redang Island is located near the cities of Flatlands, Bedford Stuyvesant, Bedford Stuyvesant, Clifton, and Park Slope.
People found this by searching for: Redang Island In Brooklyn, Redang Brooklyn, Redang Island Brooklyn, Redang Island Restaurant, Sunset At Redang Island, Redang Island Brooklyn Menu, Redang Island Menu, Maylasian Restaurant Sunset Park Brooklyn, and Redang Island Got Vegetarian Meal.