4936 Fairmont Ave

CAC photo

CAC

Rockville, MD

Relic comes to Bethesda!

Relic Restaurant and Lounge opened about 3 weeks ago on Fairmont Avenue, next to Positanos and it’s only getting better every time I go!

The decor is very unique with a fusion of Hip & sassy South Beach, Sex & the City, “glam western” (check out the authentic saddles for bar stools at the back bar!), Middle Eastern & Henry the VIII!! Interesting to say the least but somehow it works. I really like the open atmosphere, open kitchen & small areas for intimate conversations. The glass “walls” to the street also open to let in the fresh air! Great on these beautiful Spring days we’re having!

The menu is a nice selection of tapas very reasonably priced. I loved the Potato Chickpea Cakes with mushrooms and a light plum sauce & the Beet Salad is not to be missed with spring greens & goat cheese with a balsamic reduction. The woman next to me at the bar last week adored her crab cakes. Certainly enough for Vegetarians (me) but diverse enough for those palates who like Lamb Kabobs, Moroccan steak, Duck Congee, Merquez & frog legs. (Really I heard the waitress tell the chef her table loved the frog legs.) Could never do those myself, but to each their own & celebrate the fact the guests love them!. Bar menu is fab as well and you must try the Pomegranate Martini!

Nice touch was not only the owners coming around to the tables to see how everyone was doing and how they liked the food and how they could improve but the chefs came out as well. If that is the way Relic Lounge is starting, I have high hopes the owners will understand the community they serve and really take off.

Entertainment includes international DJ’s (yes, you can dance the night away!) & Belly dancing. Last Friday & Saturday night they had wonderful parties celebrating the Persian New Year, Norooz. Everyone had a blast!

Something was missing in Bethesda but not anymore. Need a great new place for Happy Hour? Dinner or late night with dancing, then head to Relic!

To the owners: Keep up the good work and I wish The Relic Lounge the best! I know I’ll be back often.

Beet Salad

Loved it! I adore beets and this dish has just the right mix of flavors with a Balsamic reduction, spring grees & goat cheese. I want another one just thinking about it.!

Chick pea cakes with Mushrooms at Relic Restaurant and Lounge

Chick pea cakes with Mushrooms

Two huge “cakes” with a surprise mushroom inside. Great spicy reduction added the right amount of spice,

Lounge American Burgers

Cpqa4emmgr3btbaby-apxr
FlavorFinder

Bethesda, MD

Relic Restaurant and Lounge  Restaurant Reviews

Relic Restaurant and Lounge is located near the cities of 7, Uninc Montgomery County, Chevy Chase Village, Friendship Village, and Martins Add.
People found this by searching for: Who Owns Relic Restaurant Bethesda, Belly Dance Restaurant Bethesda, Relic Bethesda, Relic 4936 Fairmont Ave, Relic Restaurant, Relic Restaurant Bethesda, Relic Lounge Bethesda, Relic Restaurant And Lounge, and Relic Bethesda Restaurant.