2307 Rainier Ave S

Remo Borracchini's Bakery

Neighborhoods: North Beacon Hill
Cuisine: Bakeries, Breakfast, Sandwiches

• 6/05/2015

A dining patron from Seattle, WA tried it and liked it.

• 11/30/2014

A Bakeries food lover from San Jose, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

TheTripChick photo

TheTripChick

Seattle, WA

Holy Fabulosity, Batman!

Holy Fabulosity, Batman!

I must give thanks to the embarrassingly ungrateful ex-worker, Gladys (for shame!), who brought down the “wrath” (tee hee) of Seattle Solidarity. Otherwise, Borracchini’s Bakery would never have made it onto my radar.

We first started hearing of the issue on the local news stations on Thursday. Hearing of a disgruntled ex-employee carrying a grudge and an unfounded sense of entitlement spurred us into action. Most curious, we grabbed a friend and headed down to check out Borracchini’s ourselves.

Because of the local news hubbub, of course the lot was packed when we arrived. We waited for some nice folks to vacate a street space behind the bakery and we headed in. Imagine my wonder when I realized that this spot is not only a bakery but a full deli and grocery haven for one-of-a-kind Italian food items! About five steps in, I realized I’d need a basket because there was just too much good stuff that I needed to take home with me. There were samples aplenty, and the white cake with chocolate whipped cream frosting sample that I tried was divine. And when I hit the frozen case, well, you could have knocked me over with a cannoli…they stocked Spumoni!!! Oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy. My friend, taking pity on me in my drooling state, purchased one for me. For this, I am eternally in his debt. Spumoni, woo hoo! Divine.

Perusing the rest of the place, we ended up with several goodies that made it into dinner tonight (pecan-crusted salmon with potato gnocchi in a lemon-chive cream sauce) and will also make it into dinner tomorrow (chicken with bucatini in a gorgonzola cream sauce). And did I mention the Spumoni??? Also came across a couple of fun cooking items, like the purple barley and the Meyer lemon syrup (the syrup is going into a drink concoction involving, among other things, marshmallow vodka). And the olive choices, wow. I guess I just need to come back often.

We paid for our items and practically skipped back to the car. Once we were headed home, we did a mental calculation and realized that with about 900 folks stopping by Borracchini’s yesterday, at an average of a $10 purchase per person the bakery is doing quite well with all this “negative” publicity. Later this evening, the news mentioned that 1500 folks had been to visit the bakery today.

Employees throughout the store seemed to genuinely enjoy what they do and were smiling and helpful. Remo and company, keep up the phenomenal work and we’ll see you in the next hundred years because you are not allowed to go anywhere!

April 19, 2012

Big Dissapointment

I had the worst experience at this bakery today. I had called a week ago and asked if they would be able to make a gender cake. I needed a cake that was either pink or blue on the inside and frosted neutral on the outside. When the cake…
February 26, 2011

Great Bakery

We ordered a cake here for our daughters 1st birthday. Everyone loved it, especially our daughter. It is also very affordable.

Bakery Nouveau

Bakery & Pastries in West Seattle

B & O Espresso

Late Night in Capitol Hill

Mighty O Donuts

Donuts in Wallingford

7/20/2018

A diner from US tried Bick's Broadview Grill in Broadview.

7/16/2018

A dining patron from Kent, WA tried Nikko's Teriyaki in Junction, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

7/13/2018

A diner from Seattle, WA tried Eastlake Bar & Grill in Eastlake.

7/12/2018

A diner from Seattle, WA tried Chinook's At Salmon Bay in Interbay and liked it.

7/12/2018

A diner from Seattle, WA tried Tup Tim Thai in Lower Queen Anne, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Comments
Fun waiters, great food
7/11/2018

A diner from US tried Cafe Soleil in Madrona, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

7/01/2018

An Italian food lover from Seattle, WA tried La Rustica in Alki and liked it.

6/27/2018

A Mexican food lover from Arcadia, CA tried Peso's Kitchen & Lounge in Lower Queen Anne.

6/26/2018

A diner from Seattle, WA tried Mee Sum Pastry in University District.

6/19/2018

A Romantic chowhound from Everett, WA tried ALKI Homestead (CLOSED) in Alki, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

$20 Gift Certificate
Your Price: $10

Buy Now 50% off

$20 Gift Certificate
Your Price: $10

Buy Now 50% off
Bakeries Bakery & Desserts Cake (Bakery & Dessert Parlor)
Tips
  • For more on Remo's cakes, go to check out Remo's Bakery.
  • Borrachini's can generally turn around a cake as fast as two weeks after you order, but call for details.
Sun-Sat 06:00AM - 07:00PM

Remo Borracchini's Bakery  Restaurant Reviews

Remo Borracchini's Bakery is located near the cities of Vancouver, Capitol Hill, Madrona, Madison Park, and Broken Arrow.
People found this by searching for: Remo Borracchini's Bakery, Boraccinis Bakery And Deli, Remo Borracchini Seattle, Remo Borracchini's, Remos In Seattle, Bora Cinis Bakery Seattle Washington, and Remo Borracchini's Sandwiches.