Porsche Ave
Atlanta, GA 30354

Restaurant 356

(Near the intersection of Porsche Ave and South St)

Neighborhoods: Ford
Cuisine: Contemporary American

Pros
"Love the place portions were to small. Main dish was plenty but sides were extremely small"
  • 1/01/2016

A Contemporary American food lover from Atlanta, GA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They didn't like the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
tmerg photo

tmerg

Atlanta, GA

Ruined Father's Day

By the way – I clicked one star above but on preview it looks like this is going to show as 2. To be clear, my experience with this rates SINGLE star

Fair is fair – I have not been to this restaurant yet. But I was SUPPOSED to be celebrating Father’s Day with my in-laws today and these guys totally ruined it, so I though people should know.

Four weeks ago, I called the Porsche Experience Center directly to make reservations for Father’s Day lunch. After wading through a maze of phone numbers and operators, I finally was able to speak to a live human who helpfully took my details and logged my reservation. As it turns out, she made the reservation through OpenTable – a service I use all the time but for which Restaurant 356 was not yet listed (perhaps that should have been a clue to my coming issues).

Fast forward to this week. Excited with our plans, and hoping to see if the much-touted Porsche museum is going to be open as well, I called them twice to make sure we were all set. I had to leave messages because (again perhaps prophetically), I could not reach a human being.

No replies from the restaurant, but with an OpenTable reservation in hand, I am still looking forward to a great Father’s Day Sunday afternoon. Until….

I get a phone message late Saturday 1) confirming my lunch appointment but then 2) dropping the faint hints that maybe I would like to come in for dinner instead?

I call the restaurant and again get voicemail. But I hang up and try again, and finally I reach a human. A human who also 1) confirms my lunch appointment and then 2) asks if maybe I would like to come in for dinner instead?

Why? I ask. Well apparently, they are still in a soft opening phase and only running a dinner schedule.

Well, it would have been good to know FOUR WEEKS AGO WHEN YOU TOOK MY LUNCH RESERVATION that you were not serving lunch on this important holiday!!!

So I decide I’ll go somewhere else (and found a great place in Marietta named Zeal, by the way).

So what ticks me off the most?

1) You can’t reach a single live human – yet Porsche spent $100 MILLION building this place
2) They wait until I have few options before screwing up my plans
3) Not a SINGLE apology from anyone, neither the automaton who left me a message on the phone nor the person who finally picked up my call.

So will I actually try the restaurant some time? Perhaps. I drive a 911 and I will find myself at the museum at some point in the future. Will I put it on my “must” list?

Nope.

Contemporary American Airport College Park

Restaurant 356  Restaurant Reviews

Restaurant 356 is located near the cities of Airport Mail Center, Atl, Bankhead, Midtown Atlanta, and Lastrup.
People found this by searching for: Porsche356.Com Restaurant, Restaurant 356, Restaurant 356 Atlanta, Ga, Porsche Restaurant Menu In Fairburn, 356 Restaurant Atlanta, Restaurant 356 Atlanta, and Restaurant 356 Menu.