104 14th St NW
Charlottesville, VA 22903-2715

Revolutionary Soup

Neighborhoods: Venable
Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten Free, Breakfast

$ – under $10, but kinda sorta overpriced, 3. 3 stars. ...

$ – under $10, but kinda sorta overpriced, 3. 3 stars.

There’s nothing quite “revolutionary” about Revolutionary Soups, now operating from two locations: Downtown and the Corner. I was admittedly jumping in my seat to try this place, so much that I picked out what I wanted the night before. But after eating here, I was a little disappointed. Sure, they have fresh ingredients, good lamb curry soup, and a killer wild mushroom wrap that I could eat for days, but…there were many aspects that didn’t live up to my expectations.

1. They skimp on soup! The bowl of lamb curry was decently sized for $4, but little did my friends know that it came half filled with rice

2. They skimp on curry! I didn’t enjoy the curry chicken salad wrap as much as I had hoped. It’s a bit larger than the one at Whole Foods and slightly cheaper, but definitely lacked the balance of flavor and texture that WF achieves quite beautifully.

3. I have other qualms, but a semi big irritation was how unbelievably slow they were with making the wraps. I know it’s all made from scratch, but come on! I was starving (probably the reason for my impatience). And I ordered one hot and one cold; they made the hot first and it took at least another 5 minutes before the cold was finished! In the end, my hot was just lukewarm, kind of like my feelings towards this place.

Maybe next time, they’ll actually be able to cause a real revolution rather than stopping short of the Bastille.

Homemade Soups Good For Kids Vegan
Revolutionary Soup

Vegan in Venable

Yuan Ho Carryout

Chinese in Jefferson Park

Tokyo Rose

Japanese in Lewis Mountain

Revolutionary Soup  Restaurant Reviews

Revolutionary Soup is located near the cities of Monticello, University, Newcomb Hall, and Oak Hill.
People found this by searching for: Revolutionary Soups, Soup Revolution Charlottesville Va, Revolutionary Soup Charlottesville, Revolutionary Soup Ii 104 14th St Nw, Revolution Soup Charlottesville, Revolutionary Soups Charlottesville, [email protected] Mail, and Revolutionary Soup Ii.