Rhapsody

Neighborhoods: Loop
Cuisine: American, Cafe, Italian

Rhapsody is a American, Cafe, and Italian restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends and paid between $25 and $50.

jinkwell photo

jinkwell

Never Again

My friend and I walked around Michigan Ave. and State St., shopping and talking. When dinner time rolled around, we wanted to go to some place nice, but a somewhere we hadn’t eaten before. We passed by Rhapsody and noticed the cute path and garden terrace area. We were seated promptly and we hoped for a nice dinner. Didn’t happen.

First of all, let me tell you. If the food is worth it, I don’t mind shelling out $150 for a meal. In fact, I’ll even pay $500 if need be. But Rhapsody was definitely not worth $100 (including tax+tip) for two. I had a glass of champagne ($8), heirloom tomato salad, and BBQ pork tenderloin. The bread was tough and hard to chew (and yes, I judge a restaurant by its bread and wine list). The tomato salad was disappointing. It was a bit of arugula and one tomato that had been sliced. Voila – $12! Are you kidding me! It wasn’t even a proper salad. The BBQ pork tenderloin was delicious, sure. But the meat was tough at times, and overcooked.

My friend and I thought we could have had a more satisfying meal over at the Cheesecake Factory for much cheaper. We didn’t bother ordering dessert, too fed up with the quality of the food. Maybe the lunches are better, but I won’t be returning to this restaurant again. There are just so many other places in Chicago that deserve to be tried. In fact, I would recommend that people head over next door to Russian Tea Time for a more satisfying meal.

January 15, 2009

Rhapsody

Rhapsody has a small menu that changes often although it remains overpriced. The restaurant is connected to the symphony center so it remains a decent choice for before or after concerts and shows.
September 12, 2008

Fell Flat

Planned a romantic dinner for two and was quite underwhelmed. Waiter was a bit arrogant and patronizing. I couldn't tell if he was waiting on us or performing a one-act play. Had 8 pm reservations and restaurant was nearly empty. Only…

Bongo Room

Chinese in Loop

Russian Tea Time

Russian in Loop

6/22/2017

A diner from Chicago, IL tried Checkers in New City.

6/22/2017

A dining patron from IL tried Wiley's Chicken & Ribs in East Garfield Park.

6/22/2017

A diner from New Westminster, BC tried Lino's in Near North Side.

6/22/2017

A dining patron from Omaha, NE tried Three Happiness Express in Aksarben/Elmwood Park.

6/22/2017

A diner from Chicago, IL tried La Bamba in Loop, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
Fast service, good food!
Cons
They keep moving around although I've been able to find them every time.
6/22/2017

A diner from Chicago, IL tried Nicky's Hot Dogs in Garfield Ridge.

6/22/2017

A dining patron from Chicago, IL tried Yolk in South Loop, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
The workers- congenial, courteous, and professional
6/22/2017

A dining patron from US tried Hienie's Shrimp House in South Deering, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

6/21/2017

A Caribbean chowhound from US tried Park Island Jerk Chicken in Longwood Manor, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

6/21/2017

A Chinese chowhound from US tried Number 1 Chop Suey in Burnham.

Downtown American Takeout
Tips
  • Symphony subscribers can flash ticket stubs after 8pm for a 15-percent discount. Also, Wednesdays, all bottles of wine are half-off.
  • The comfortable lounge offers a lighter menu and more casual atmosphere. In warmer months, the lovely garden patio is an appealing urban oasis.
  • Rhapsody caters to symphony attendees, accepting reservations between 5pm and 6:15pm to get diners inside by curtain time.
Mon-Wed 11:30AM - 02:00PM
Mon-Wed 05:00PM - 09:00PM
Thu-Fri 11:30AM - 02:00PM
Thu-Fri 05:00PM - 10:30PM
Sat 05:00PM - 10:30PM
Sun 05:00PM - 09:00PM
Sun 12:00AM - 12:00AM

Rhapsody  Restaurant Reviews

Rhapsody is located near the cities of Pilsen, Armour Square, Near South Side, Mc Kinley Park, and Near West Side.
People found this by searching for: Rhapsody Restaurant Michigan Ave, Rhapsody Chicago Il, Rhapsody Restaurant Chicago Menu, Rhapsody Restaurant In Chicago. Trip Advisor, Rhapsody Chicago Restaurant, Rhapsody Chicago Menu, Rhapsody Restaurant Chicago Reviews, and Rhapsody Restaurant Chicago.