2401 Artesia Blvd # 105
Redondo Beach, CA 90278

Rice Things

Cuisine: Japanese, Breakfast, Catering

Rice Things is a Japanese, Breakfast, and Catering restaurant where most Menuism users came for a meal on the go and paid less than $10.

Overall
  • 3/22/2015

A Japanese food lover from Los Angeles, CA tried it and liked it. They didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

• 7/20/2014

A dining patron from Los Angeles, CA tried it.

• 6/24/2014

A Japanese food lover from San Jose, CA tried it and liked it. They liked the food and didn't like the service.

• 11/19/2013

A Japanese food lover from Hermosa Beach, CA tried it and liked it.

• 8/27/2013

A diner from Hermosa Beach, CA tried it and liked it.

• 6/29/2013

A Japanese food lover from Camarillo, CA tried it and liked it.

• 5/23/2013

A diner from West Covina, CA tried it.

• 5/12/2013

A Japanese food lover from Bloomington, IL tried it.

• 5/06/2013

A Japanese food lover from North Hollywood, CA tried it and liked it.

• 4/25/2013

A Japanese chowhound from Fontana, CA tried it and liked it.

Ching photo

Ching

Santa Monica, CA

Amazing Japanese Fast Food

Rice Things, you are my current crush in the South Bay. I used to live a few blocks down from you and yet I never knew of you before.

Well, I’m making up for lost time. Better than Rascals…and hands down, scales ABOVE Sushi Boy and L&L Hawaiian and most other sushi take out places. What do I NOT like on their menu?

I owe a huge thanks to my sis in law, Sabrina L, for introducing me to Rice Things last spring when I was visiting my new baby niece. She picked up a few multi item combo dishes that my parents and I just inhaled. They found it very tasty and didn’t balk at the prices (latter is rare being they are Chinese parents).

This is one of the few places where the rolled california rolls don’t bug me because they’re not dried out or packed too hard. AND, I’m not charged EXTRA for white rice nor do I have to ask for it. Finally, a place that hasn’t sold out. I’m Asian, and I can only eat Asian food WITH WHITE RICE, ok!?

Whenever I’m near or around the South Bay, I will always make it a point to stop at Rice Things because I"m constantly ALWAYS JONES-ING for their Baked Salmon Salad. The salmon is perfectly still warm and crispy when mixed in with the romaine lettuce leaves. The soy viniagrette dressing provides the most satisfying tart flavor.

They do have a nice clean dining area. They constantly wipe down tables, will bring you your order on trays, and will bus your tables at the end. But no, this is a take out diner, so don’t expect regular waiter service. I’m not hatin’ here, just being realistic with my expectations.

No, this isn’t authentic Japanese food, but its pretty darn good take out food at great prices and large portions with a familiar mom and pop feel.

Hmm, I have to use the 405 today….think I’ll have to work in a stop into Rice Things today even though I was just there last Saturday. :)

Baked Salmon Skin Salad

Japanese Good for groups Breakfast

Rice Things  Restaurant Reviews

Rice Things is located near the cities of Hermosa Beach, Hollywood Riviera, Manhattan Beach, Torrance, and Lawndale.
People found this by searching for: Rice Things Menu, Rice Things, Owner Rice Things Redondo Beach, Ca, Rice Things Menu Redondo Beach, Rice Things Redondo Beach, Rice Things Hours, and Rice Things Redondo Beach Menu.