5996 Penn Cir S

Richard Chen Pan Asian Cuisine

Neighborhoods: Shadyside
Cuisine: Asian, Casual dining

• 9/21/2013

A dining patron from East Liverpool, OH tried it.

gjz photo

gjz

Terrible restaurant

My wife and I asked if Richard Chen if he would personally cook for us and surprisingly he agreed.

We leave in Pittsburgh where Richard Chen had recently opened a new restaurant. We were very excited and invited another couple to join us for this dinner. We were asked about our preferences and we told the restaurant that we leave the menu to the Chef, as long as he would prepare the dinner that he could be proud of.

I can’t tell you how disappointed we all were. All the dishes were cold and tasteless. Some of the dishes we had to send back because they were undercooked.

Some dishes we didn’t send back, but we should have. One of the appetizers they served was the foie gras. What do Chinese know about foie gras? At the end we were presented with the bill that averaged $350 per person (that’s with no wine)!

We were obviously taken advantage of by this unscrupulous and mediocre chef.

Gregory Zaretsky

AKB photo

AKB

Pittsburgh, PA

Oops, their food can make you violently ill.

The food tasted good, I’ll give it that. But immediately after dinner last night my fiancee became violently ill. I called the restaurant to let them know there might be an issue. I didn’t want anything, I just wanted to let them know that there was a potential situation. As soon as I got on the phone with the manager he insisted that it couldn’t be their food because all food poisoning takes at least 10-12 hours, which is not true. I told him that food poisoning CAN take 10-12 hrs to manifest, but it can also appear within half an hour to an hour of eating the tainted food. Instead of just placating me and just saying they would look into it (which is all I really wanted), he hung up the phone on me. Yes, hung up the phone. So much for customer service. Will never return.

Asian Shadyside Casual dining
pgh1995

Milano's

Pizza in Oakland

Sakura Teppanyaki & Sushi

Japanese in Squirrel Hill South

Richard Chen Pan Asian Cuisine  Restaurant Reviews

Richard Chen Pan Asian Cuisine is located near the cities of Pgh, Downtown, Mount Washington, Strip District, and Mt Washington.
People found this by searching for: Richard Chen Restaurant Pittsburgh, пън чън меню, Richard Chen Pan Asian Cuisine, Richard Chen Chinese Restaurant In Pittsburgh, Richard Chen Pittsburgh, Richard Chen Restaurant Greg Menu, Richard Chen Menu, and Chen Shadyside.