50 Chestnut St
Ridgewood, NJ 07450

Ridge Thai

Cuisine: Thai, Catering, Tea

Ridge Thai is a Thai, Catering, and Tea restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.

Pros
"Great food, great service, nice ambiance."
  • 4/16/2018

A Thai chowhound from US tried it and liked it. They liked the service and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    Great food, great service, nice ambiance.
michelle3 photo

michelle3

Teaneck, NJ

Ridge Thai

I LOVE thai food and am a frequent eater of thai. I will not go back to ridge thai because the service was terrible. The wait staff is very rude and impatient. The restaurant had only 2 tables taken when I came in. They sat us all the way in the back near the pick up window. When I asked to sit somewhere else they said they had a reservation of 7, then proceeded to sit parties of 2 and no large party ever came in. In addition to all of this, they gave me the wrong order. I thought the food was good but I wont go back because the service was so bad. I believe that good service is just as important as good food- especially in a bad economy.

izunia photo

izunia

Hackensack, NJ

Thai Gem

Ridge Thai is a mom and pop thai food place where you can byob, which is very important to mention since you’ll be saving a fortune by bringing your own plum wine. The ambiance is noting special and seating is a lil tight, however its something worth overlooking because the food makes up for what the decor lacks. I have eaten there for teh past few years and love it everytime. I highly recommend the chicken satay which comes with a dipping peanut sauce and a light cucmber salad. The spring rolls are light and crunchy and come with a chili duck sauce. The thai beef salad which a bit spicy comes served ona bed of lettuce, with thai basil, cucmbers, carrot and chilies. The dressing is a light lemongrass vinegarette which balances the ingrediens beautifully. The coconut chicken soup, less spicy, is very good but not as good as the clear soup which is served spicy and steaming hot with fresh shrimp, peppers, onion, mushroom, thai basil and lemongrass. This delicious elixir of clear soup has brought me back to life countless times as it is fantastic for colds and hangovers! My favorite is the red Panang Curry, which is a bit spicy and savory and contains my favorite ingredience-coconut milk. You can order the curry with chicken, beef or shrimp and you can control the amount of heat/spice that the chef puts into your thai food. When I go there with my kids 3 and 4 year old, I ask the waitress to make the food VERY mild for the kids and they are happy to oblige. Servers @ Ridge Thai will ask you on a scale from 1 to 10 how hot u like your food, so for the kids I always order a #1 and for anyone trying it for the first time, I recommend the same. The noodle dishes and tofu dishes(vegetarian) come made to order as well and are all yummy. I have never had a bad dinner there and enjoy their small, quiet and intimate restaurant very much every time. Reservations highly recommended, there’s a liquor store on the same block and parking lot directly across the street. The only place that comes closest to the quality of food and flavors is Bangkok Garden in Hackensack, NJ.

chicken or beef satay

great..a must try

clear soup

light, delicious, full of flavors, miracle juice!

Thai Outdoor seating Parking

Ridge Thai  Restaurant Reviews

Ridge Thai is located near the cities of Ho Ho Kus, Glen Rock, Midland Park, Waldwick, and Washington Twp.
People found this by searching for: Ridgethai, Ridge Thai Menu Ridgewood, Ridge Thai Ridgewood Nj, Rate Ridge Thai, Ridge Thai Menu, Ridge Thai Ridgewood Menu, Ridge Thai, and Ridgewood Thai Menu.