59 Penhallow St
Portsmouth, NH 03801

Ristorante Massimo

Cuisine: Italian, Catering, Continental

Ristorante Massimo is a Italian, Catering, and Continental restaurant where most Menuism users came for a romantic date and paid between $25 and $50.

bajalzp21 photo

bajalzp21

Hampton, NH

OVERRATED !

I eat out a lot. Typically, whenever I try a restaurant for the first time I end up going back. My experience at Ristorante Massimo, however, was one I’d rather not repeat. My boyfriend and I decided to try this restaurant because I’m Italian and I had yet to dine there. We had heard from a number of Portsmouth locals that it was good but pricey. From the moment we walked in (to the basement) we were greated by tacky paintings and the restaurant’s attempt at making an average basement space seem as if it were a place royalty would dine. The staff were pleasant, although hardly spoke or presented themselves in as professional a manner as they should have at an upscale dining establishment. The service was slow, and the menu had little variation. The silverware was cheap and the servers failed to replace the utensils inbetween courses, as most restaurants in Portsmouth do. I tried the cheese plate was was extremely bland, followed by the Gnocconi alla Loichle, which was supposed to be the chef’s specialty. It was horrible. The beef tenderloin was flavorless, and the gnocci that accompanied it were tough and covered in far too much pepper. It was a bunch of ingredients tossed together and swirled around on a plate with no compliment to eachother, and for $23! My boyfriend ordered the Filetto con Pancetta rare at $31. It came well-done. By the time his food was prepared for the second time my dinner was cold so he could no longer enjoy his own. Ristorante Massimo in no way attempted to compensate us for their error, which we found to be in very bad taste. I would not suggest this restaurant to anyone. If you want to sample Italian cuisine at a reasonable price and in a warm and inviting atmosphere, try Pesce Italian Kitchen.

Italian Catering Dinner

Ristorante Massimo  Restaurant Reviews

Ristorante Massimo is located near the cities of Kittery, New Castle, and Kittery Point.
People found this by searching for: Ristorante Massimo Portsmouth Nh, Gnocconi Alla Loichle, Ristorante Massimo Portsmouth, Massimo's Portsmouth, Gnocconi Massimo, Ristorante Massimo, and Massimo Ristorante Portsmouth.