3 Miller Road
Mahwah, NJ 07430

Rita's Italian Ice

Cuisine: Ice Cream, Ice Cream & Frozen Yogurt, Italian Ice

Rita's Italian Ice is a Ice Cream, Ice Cream & Frozen Yogurt, and Italian Ice restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends and paid less than $10.

• 7/27/2014

A dining patron from Chicago, IL tried it and liked it. They liked the food and liked the service.

• 11/25/2013

A dining patron from Carlsbad, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 10/15/2013

An Ice Cream food lover from US tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 5/17/2013

An Ice Cream food lover from Silver Spring, MD tried it.

MotherGrizzly photo

MotherGrizzly

Ridgewood, NJ

Rita's Ice-Custard is the Place to Be

One of the most popular spots in this area is the Rita’s Ice Custard Shop in Mahwah, NJ. People from all over drive to this small storerfront near the Mahwah train station to sample the delicious ice custard and italian ice flavors. I stopped there recently on one of New Jersey’s hottest days to cool down with a Gelati.

What’s a Gelati? Well, it’s a “regular” or “large” size of italian ice that tops, and is topped, with smooth custard. I got a Florida Orange italian ice with a swirled orange and fat-free vanilla custard swirl. TOTALLY delicious; it tasted like an orange cream that I love t eat on the NJ boardwalk.

Rita’s offers sugar free italian ices, and fat free custard—so you can’t go wrong if you want to cool off AND watch your waistline. The regular servings are about $4.00 each, which won’t break the bank.

My companion tried the mango vanilla crunch Blendini, which blends the frozen custard (in this case, vanilla) and italian ice (mango)—and mixes in some yummy vanilla cookies. I tried the treat and enjoyed the flavor. Although I could taste the richness of the custard as opposed to my fat-free vanilla offering, I didn’t feel as though I was missing out on anything with my fat-free choice. Everything tastes fresh and simply good!

If you are looking for a drink rather than an frozen custard treat, try the Misto, which is a fully blended italian ice/ custard drink that is so refreshing. Again, it’s totally customizable with your choice of a flavor bounty—I was tempted to try the Swedish Fish flavored italian ice!

Rita’s often updates its menu with new and current flavors; I follow them on Facebook to learn of coupons, giveaways, and the new flavor profiles.

Although I don’t go here often, it is really a fun treat when I do. If you are in the market for a frozen custard cake, cream ice (as opposed to ice cream), or italian ice—check out the popular Rita’s Ice Custard. Your belly will be happy!

Note—here is a list of the cream ice flavors. How can you resist?

Cream Ice Flavors
Banana Split Cream
Birthday Cake
Butterscotch KrimpetsĀ® (available 7/30/10)
Caramel Apple
Peppermint Chip
Pumpkin Pie
S’mores

Misto Shake - Regular

I really loved this; it had the “orangecicle” flavor that is reminiscent of my younger days at the shore. The regular is a generous size that is only $4.00

elvisdo photo

elvisdo

Mahwah, NJ

Rita's Italian Ice Delivers Seasonal Cool Flavors

I never really understand exactly what ice custard was supposed to be when I saw Rita’s Italian Ice. The place always has a line right out the door on hot days adding to the popularity of the place. I finally decided to see what the fuss was all about.

I have to admit that I felt like I was reading a foreign language because I didn’t know exactly what I was ordering. In the end I opted to go for a Misto. It’s not the frozen custard treat like the gelatin or blending but it does combine blended Italian in and custard together in a drink. The amazing thing is the variety of drinks you can create to tailor your own needs.

Rita’s is a seasonal operations meaning they are closed during the winter season. It only makes sense because no one is going to wait in line for a cold drink like that. Since the weather is warming up again, it’s time for another visit to Rita’s for some refreshing custard.

Ice Cream Drinks Ice Cream & Frozen Yogurt

Rita's Italian Ice  Restaurant Reviews

Rita's Italian Ice is located near the cities of Suffern, Darlington, Ramsey, Airmont, and Hillburn.
People found this by searching for: Rita's Ice Cream Cake, Ritas Custard Cakes, Rita's Frozen Custard Cake, Rita's Mahwah, Ritas Ice Cream Cakes, Rita's Italian Ice, Rita's Frozen Custard Cakes, Italian Drink Like Custard, and Rita's Custard Cakes.