2056 N Lincoln Park W
Chicago, IL 60614-4708

RJ Grunts

Neighborhoods: Lincoln Park
Cuisine: American, Burgers, Hamburgers

RJ Grunts is a American, Burgers, and Hamburgers restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.

• 10/17/2016

An American food lover from Chicago, IL tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 10/09/2015

A dining patron from Woodstock, IL tried it.

• 1/08/2015

An American chowhound from Paris, A8 tried it.

• 10/20/2014

An American chowhound from Chicago, IL tried it.

• 7/11/2014

An American food lover from Chicago, IL tried it and liked it. They liked the food.

• 12/29/2013

A dining patron from Hackensack, NJ tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

temp photo

temp

Chicago, IL

Great food, good price, awesome salad bar

as it has the original salad bar in chicago, it is awesome. Always fresh veggies and good food. it is a small restaurant with tight quarters, but very homey and fun.

And on cold days the soup is the price of the temperature, so if it is 5 out, soup is a nickel. Nice.

Parking is tough though, so I suggest walking or taking the bus. Its right on the park so good to go there on sunday morning for a brunch and then heading off to the park or zoo.

Finally they make juice drinks that you can combine any juices into a single juice. My fav is orange/carrot juice. Sweet and delicious.

Salda Bar

Best salad bar in town. If you have the urge for a nice salad they don’t dissapoint.

vione photo

vione

My First Trip Back In Time at RJ Grunts

The main reason I give RJ Grunts such a high rating is because they have kick ass milkshakes. I had a chai tea milkshake, which was so incredibly yummy. To eat, I had the California Wrap, which is served warm, and could use a bit more sauce. I also got a side order of ma & cheese, which was pretty good. Just don’t let it get cold. I tried some chili as well, with everything on it (which includes onions, cheese, and cilantro among other things). Considering I hate beans, this chili was actually really good.

Ambiance was very retro, which I didn’t mind at all. It was genuine, not contrived. They just haven’t changed anything since like, 1971. From the green mirrors on the back wall to the music playing Donna Summers, and the illustrations on the menu, these folks took their prime era seriously.

Things to note:
This place is known for its milkshakes. Get one. It’s also a very crowded, cozy place; not good for business meetings or folks that are claustrophobic. Most importantly: all sandwiches comes with the house chips. You’ll have to specify if you want regular fries. They won’t ask if you want chips or fries.

Nearby: RJ Grunts is across the street from Lincoln Park Zoo.

California Wrap

Yummy, but nothing spectacular. Could use a bit more sauce. Served warm.

Chai Tea Milkshake

So super yummy. They have lots of flavors to choose from. You can mix flavors as well.

Mblock9876 photo

Mblock9876

Terrible

Was just denied access to this restaurant this afternoon. The handicapped door was locked so I entered the restaurant to ask if somebody could please unlock it since I have a disabled daughter who cannot enter through revolving doors. I waited outside only to be told by an employee that it’s RJ Grunts policy not to allow anyone with a stroller into the restaurant. I explained that my daughter cannot walk due to the fact that she has cerebral palsy. They still refused to unlock the door and said either way this was there policy. My daughters rights have been violated according to the Americans for disability act. The fact that the door was locked to begin with shows the restaurant is not sensitive to the needs nor do they welcome people with disabilities. This is extremely disappointing considering RJ grunts was the original lettuce entertain you restaurant. My friend who witnessed the way we were discriminated against has told me that they were shocked and will no longer be frequenting this restaurant. In all my yrs of going to restaurants I have never been treated this rudely. It’s a shame I had fond memories of eating at this place with my family when I was a little kid and I wanted to share this place with my daughter. Shame on RJ Grunts and lettuce entertain you restaurant.

emunn photo

emunn

Chicago, IL

A Chicago staple. The walls are covered in photos of all ...

A Chicago staple. The walls are covered in photos of all the waitresses that have ever worked there. Music from the 70s plays. The menu is sandwiches and burgers with great shakes. The cookie desserts are also to die for.

In the winter make sure to get some temperature soup. The charge a penny a degree for a cup, so you might get a 10 cent soup. Also, the mystery beer is always fun: $3 beer that they randomly bring you, different each time.

My favorite restaurant by far. I love getting...

My favorite restaurant by far. I love getting the grunt burger and a peanut butter milk shake every time i got there. They also have a pretty good salad bar

American Burgers Chips

emunn

Cxi0fk-p8r4ktmeje4bmuj
justin

RJ Grunts  Restaurant Reviews

RJ Grunts is located near the cities of Pilsen, Armour Square, Near South Side, Mc Kinley Park, and Near West Side.
People found this by searching for: Rj Grunts Chicago Menu, Rj Grunts Menu, R G Grunts Restaurant, Rj Grunts Restaurant, Rj Grunts, Rj Grunts Lincoln Park, and Rj Grunts Chicago.