450 Capitol Ave SE
Atlanta, GA 30312-2802

Rockfish Grille

(Between Fulton St SE/Fulton St SW/Hank Aaron Dr SW and Pollard Blvd SW)

Neighborhoods: Summerhill
Cuisine: American, Seafood, Southern

Rockfish Grille is a American, Seafood, and Southern restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid more than $50, and tipped less than 15%.

DCC photo

DCC

Huntsville, AL

This place is a joke.

7/22/15 – Our family ate here in the evening after watching the Braves lose to the Dodgers. We had a Restaurant.com $50.00 certificate that stated we must spend at least $100.00 in order to use it. I showed our so-called waitress (65 Cherie H) the certificate on my iPhone and she said it must be in printed form. Okay…that ate up 20 minutes going to the hotel front desk, receiving a temporary key card to use their business room (which was nice of them), then printing out the thing after 4 failed attempts. Okay, task done. Next we were presented with (I kid you not) Xerox-copied menus (seriously?). I thought it was a joke, but it wasn’t. This on top of cheap paper napkins that looked like they came from a greasy diner…oh well, no big deal. Knowing we had to spend $100.00 between the four of us my wife and I selected the most expensive steak on the menu at $25.00 each. Okay, we’re half way there. We also ordered two appetizers at $10.00 and $11.00 and our two kids meals at $8.00 each. Okay, only $13.00 more to go. Our entire ordering experience was confusing and very frustrating as our waitress (so-called) kept asking us the same questions about our order over and over again. Then, she couldn’t explain the details of each item either, leaving us wondering how the heck she got her job to begin with. The entire time she had this distant, not really there look about her. Well anyway….20 minutes later (no joking) our appetizers were finally delivered. This was after I asked the "manager’ who was roaming around aimlessly where our appetizers were, and calling his attention to our long wait period. Next, our main course was served. My vegetable (which the waitress said was going to be asparagus) was zucchini squash. No big deal, but she failed to clarify or explain why. I then asked her for a steak knife as the meat was tough and severely charred and burnt on the outside. She left the table to find us a couple knives, then returned 10 minutes later to say they didn’t have any and that we’d have to use our butter knives! I’m not making this stuff up! It was weird. In fact, the entire evening was totally bizarre to say the least. The waitress returned only one time to check on us the entire evening. And this was with only two other tables of guests. She asked if we needed refills on our waters. We told her “yes”. She then asked us how many? WHAT? How many? ALL OF THEM of course. All she had to do was look at our EMPTY glasses and see that we ALL needed refills. It was very strange. Once we completed our charred dinner (we didn’t dare bring that up as we were afraid we’d be there until closing time trying to order and receive something else on the paper menu) we ordered 3 pieces of cheesecake at $7.00 each, bringing our total to a full $110.24 We never asked for them “to go” but wanted to eat them there. Well….to no surprise, she brought all three pieces of cheesecake in large takeout styrofoam containers – a full 23 minutes later! I didn’t say anything other than we were ready for our check. Again, I’m not making any of this up at all, but it took her 15 more minutes to produce our check. WOW..! I was too shocked at the whole experience to be angry. Yes, inwardly I was pissed off royally, but the whole evening was so bizarre it was like a nightmare and surreal. Once our infamous $50.00 certificate was applied, I gave her a tip on the remaining balance to bring the total to $66.66 as this was literally the “DINNER FROM HELL”. I would not recommend this restaurant to my worst enemy, nor my neighbor’s dog, or cat, or anything or anyone else. They need to modernize the place, fire the lame cook, take the weed or whatever our waitress was smoking that night away from her, fire her butt, and close the friggin’ doors of this joke of a restaurant until then because it’s not worthy to even be called a restaurant. Needless to say and on a positive note, my wife and I will have something very humorous and strange to talk about for years to come..!!!

Steak

American Seafood Southern

Rockfish Grille  Restaurant Reviews

Rockfish Grille is located near the cities of Airport Mail Center, Atl, Bankhead, Midtown Atlanta, and Lastrup.
People found this by searching for: Rockfish Grille Atlanta Menu.