120 Manhattan Beach Blvd

shaomai photo

shaomai

San Jose, CA

Rock'n dessert, ok fish

Rock’N Fish is one of the most popular eating destinations in Manhattan Beach. I went here on Wednesday night, and while the streets were quiet everywhere else, Rock’N Fish barely had room to stand. It was COMPLETELY full, it was a good thing that we had a reservation!

So let’s start with the atmosphere. It has a fully stocked bar, and two large plasma TVs that are great for watching sports on, so it’s pretty loud and raucous in the main dining area. There’s also a loft area and an inclosed outdoor seating area that are a little quieter. It’s a great place for a chill night out with friends.

Now, the food. I’ve been here twice, and so far I’ve liked pretty much everything – except my entree! At a place called Rock’N Fish, I figured I’d better order the fish… but so far both fish dishes I’ve had have been overcooked. I’m really picky about my fish though, so it’s probably still pretty good for most people. However, the bread they serve is a freshly baked, warm loaf of sourdough, where the inside is perfectly soft and the outside is perfectly crispy. The sweet potato fries are AWESOME, as are the garlic mashed potatoes. The spicy mac n’ cheese is ok… it wasn’t really very spicy. We had sticky toffee pudding a la mode for dessert, which was superb as well… I’ve never had an authentic sticky toffee pudding from the uk, but this one tastes pretty much exactly like the haagen daaz ice cream sticky toffee pudding flavor, but even better. Even the mints — instead of traditional starlite mints (which i don’t really like), they had mint-flavored salt water taffy. yum!

I’d totally recommend coming here as long as you have a reservation – otherwise, you might be waiting a very, very long time. Just order something other than their fish, b/c everything else around me looked really good.

Blackened Halibut

Good flavor, but really overdone for me.

Sticky toffee pudding a la mode

YUM!

tonyb2 photo

tonyb2

Tucson, AZ

We had terrible service the Saturday after thanksgiving with the hostess working that day. She was extremely condescending and rude to me, my boys, wife and mother in law. Although the food was great, we have decided not to go back with the possibility of encountering the same hostess and service again.

Tony

[email protected]

Sticky Toffee Pudding Manhattan Beach Sweet Potato Fries
Fri-Sat 11:30AM - 11:00PM
Sun-Wed 11:30AM - 10:00PM
Thu 11:30AM - 10:30PM

Rock'N Fish  Restaurant Reviews

Rock'N Fish is located near the cities of Hermosa Beach, El Segundo, and Redondo Beach.
People found this by searching for: Rock N Fish Manhattan Beach, Toffee Pudding Hermosa Beach, Restaurant At 1 Manhattan Beach Blvd, Warm Sticky Toffee Pudding Rocknfish Reviews, Manhattan Beach Restaurants On Water, Lobster 90266, Rock N Fish Redondo, Rocknfish Reviews, and Rock N Fish Dessert.