7651 France Ave S
Edina, MN 55435

Romano's Macaroni Grill

Cuisine: Italian, Pasta, Pizza

• 8/18/2018

An Italian chowhound from US tried it.

• 7/27/2018

A diner from Corpus Christi, TX tried it.

• 1/05/2016

An Italian food lover from Lakeville, MN tried it.

• 11/25/2014

A diner from Chicago, IL tried it.

BananaWoo photo

BananaWoo

Minneapolis, MN

Too Spendy for What You Get

I am a super noodle and Italian food fan. Romano’s has decent food, but the ambiance and prices don’t measure up.

The dining area is large and open, but doesn’t have the feel I was expecting. I enjoy the partial opening into the kitchen, but the bar and other elements make the restaurant feel chainy and generic to me. The paper table cloths and crayons are a cute gimmick, but not necessarily what you want on a romantic date. They also have a few servers who double as opera singers. Don’t get me wrong, amazing voices, but again sort of gimmicky and not something that would win me over. You can win me over with amazing food though.

To sum up the whole feeling Romano’s is chain restaurant meets Italian bistro meets family restaurant meets deli meets sports bar. Sort of a cool concept, but in reality it is overwhelming. Juggling all of these ideas and elements leaves Romano’s lacking in all categories.

My initial love for the menu was the build your own pasta, but a time before I had the seafood linguine which was good, heavy, but not overly memorable. I thought the build your own might do the trick. Turns out the initial nine dollars you pay for the pasta increases rather fast if you want meat and by then you might as well order a specialty dish. My last build you own was good, but the asparagus that I had supposedly ordered was extremely sparse and the amount of roasted garlic gloves was way over the top. In the end I didn’t feel good about the money I paid for the food and service I got.

Some positives include the large selection and menu, a good wine list, yummy specialty drinks, kids menu and delicious desserts. Overall, the wait staff is friendly and helpful and if you enjoy singing servers then Romano’s might be just the place for you.

Personally, there are places in the area that I would choose over Romano’s. For a quick lunch filled with pasta, I would opt for Noodles & Co. before Romano’s. For a sports bar environment or cocktail I’d go to Tavern on France, Majors, or Oak City. And for higher quality Italian and service I would go to Ciao Bella or Broders’ Pasta Bar. There is no dire need for Romano’s in my book, my desires are pretty much met whether it stays or goes. Then again, I have heard some good reviews for Romano’s and it doesn’t look like it is leaving anytime soon. It is fulfilling someone’s needs and for that it gets kudos.

Seafood Linguine - Seafood Linguine at Romano's Macaroni Grill

Seafood Linguine

Jumbo shrimp, seared sea scallops and sweet clams sauteed with extra virgin olive oil, oven-roasted tomatoes and fresh arugula.

Good portions, heavy and filling. Not the freshest or most inspiring Italian dish I’ve ever encountered.

Create Your Own Pasta

Choose an imported pasta, sauce and fresh ingredients.

You don’t ever get just what you expect. Meats are extra and they skimp on the fresh vegetables.

Italian Takeout Pasta

Romano's Macaroni Grill  Restaurant Reviews

Romano's Macaroni Grill is located near the cities of Twin Cities and Cholavaram.
People found this by searching for: Macaroni Grill Cloth Edina Minnesota, Macaroni Grill Seafood Linguine, Macaroni Grill Edina, Romano's Macaroni Grill Creamy Basil Parmesan Chicken And Pasta Measurements, Macaroni Grill Edina Mn Menu, Seafood Linguine, and Macaroni Grill In Edina Mn.