2327 Main St
Tucker, GA 30084

Rotagilla Creole Cafe

Cuisine: Seafood, Poboys, New Orleans

Rotagilla Creole Cafe is a Seafood, Poboys, and New Orleans restaurant where most Menuism users came for a meal on the go, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

tuckermom photo

tuckermom

lunch

have eaten lunch here twice. The pecan crusted chicken tenders were very good but overpriced. The chicken po’ boy was good.

gam22 photo

gam22

Stone Mountain, GA

Rotagilla left me Rotten

I will not eat here again. I have ate the po-boys and fried green tomatoes before as well as the bread pudding, but I went on March 2, 08 and decided I will try two appetizers. I ordered the Okra and crawfish fritters and the single crab cake appetizer, which came to a total of 15.94. After waiting for about 40 minutes for my to-go order with no one at one time saying anything like your order will be out shortly or anything. I know you may be busy, buy come on. I got the food and all I could taste was grease fried dough I opened the fritter and did not see not one okra, not one crawfish so I opened another and then I found 1 crawfish and 1 okra. I did not even taste the the crab cake prior to calling the restaurant and I spoke with the owner. He informed me well that is what a fritter is dough and you may or may not get okra and crab in it and at the cost of crayfish being so much now. I got off the phone and then tried the crab cake which was a fried crab stuffing filling. Now I paid $15.94 for this MESS.
I will never come back and will make a point of telling all the friends and family that I had told about the place because it would be somewhere different to go to, you would do better going where it is not a hit or miss meal.

Appetizer- Single Crab Cake & Crawfish/Okra fritters

Appetizer – Single Crab Cake and Crawfish/Okra Fritters

Baby_Boomer photo

Baby_Boomer

Tucker, GA

Risen from the shaky beginnings

The reason the reviews for this place go from great to awful is the restaurant had a shaky start, especially when they started serving dinner. The first time we went in early 2008 was really awful, but we decided to try again since the people were trying so hard. We go there now for Sunday lunch/brunch after church, and everything we’ve tried has been delicious. Try the cheese grits, but don’t test your cholesterol any time soon.

Cheese Grits

jacookie photo

jacookie

Shrimp and Oyster Po Boy

This was my 1st time eating food from this restaurant.
I ordered the Shrimp and Oyster Po- Boy. It was wonderful!! I thought I was in New Orleans!
I will eat here every chance I get!
Great customer service.
JaCookie

Shrimp and Oyster Po-Boy

The sandwich was wonderful. Real New Orleans taste!

Tabby3W photo

Tabby3W

Atlanta, GA

Awesome!!!

I’ve been over 3 times and have enjoyed each trip more than the last. The wait staff is great, friendly and very helpful. I’ve met the cook and he’s very nice and welcoming too.

The food is amazing!! Each dish is a melt in your mouth combination of great seafood and spices. Reminds me of my visit to New Orleans. Its is great.

Each time I’ve invited friends for their first trip and within a week, they are going back and taking more people there.

I’ve had the Fried Okra app, and for the entree’s, I’ve had the Crab Cake Po’boy, Talipia, Crab Cake, Shrimp, red beans/ rice and Alligator bites. All are amazingly delicious!! The crab cakes are divine! better than any I’ve ever tasted.

Great Place!! Go and Enjoy!!

drumbeat photo

drumbeat

disappointed

having heard that this restaurant had improved services since it’s inception in "08, we decided to give this a try. we went on a wednesday night about 6p. my party of 2 and another party of 4 were the only patrons. The party behind us all wanted dirty rice, but waitress said they were out. We wanted fried green tomatoes, and too, they were out.
We waited approx. 40 minutes for our dinner. ( and there were 2 cooks – i went back and looked) Again, no other patrons have come in during the time the party of 4 and us were there. the poor waitress was embarrased, and looked like she was back there helping the cooks as well.
Our 2 po boys ( shrimp and crawfish and one side each) and one water and one pop came to $28 and some odd cents. ( we did tip the waitress well because it wasnt her fault) The Po Boys weren’t that bad, a lot of shrimp and crawfish in the sandwich, so i will give them that.
not sure we will give them another try. it’s sad, because Tucker really needs a good indie restaurant we can be proud to call our own

foodguru666 photo

foodguru666

Go Back to the Bayou

well i tried to give this place another chance so i ordered th red beans and rice It was just like the gumbo watered down and weak , so after promising the head server a good tip he tells me the begining product is good till the owner adds water to stretch the product ….hmmmm not good in my book so i went to the kitchen window to lodge a quiet complaint to the cook and lo and behold it was the owner , no hair net or gloves kitchen a total mess, fresh bread from new orleans? try engles bakey in tucker …read an old recipe and stay home and make better food and I will be notifying the health department of all the flagrent violations i was witness to ….absolutely the worst public food establishment ive ever experienced and ive experienced them all over the world ..what a shame for tucker Ga .perhaps the owner should give up the food business and take the food and feed the dying animals in the gulf spill put them all out of their misery….i give a minus 10 stars…foodguru666

Red Beans and Rice w/Patton's Hot Sausage

watered down tasteless,some of the rice was dried up and even burned…

UsagiYojimbo photo

UsagiYojimbo

Suwanee, GA

It's for real Creole

(This is my 1st review for Menuism, so if you read this, please forgive my neubieness)

I happened to notice the poor gent with the alligator mascot-head holding the lunch special sign around 1:30pm today, so feeling a bit sorry for the lad, I pulled up to this unassuming Main Street restaurant for a try at lunch.

The place was completely empty, except for one of the co-owners, the chef, and the server. The menu looked promising: items that would be commonplace on any New Orleans menu – right down to the types of sausage and versions of po-boys they offered.

The server was new (and very nice), so I took a moment to order slowly, and point out how the word andouille was pronounced. The co-owner introduced himself after my order was taken, and during our conversation mentioned that he’d been involved in the hospitality business in N.O. for years, right in the heart of Bourbon St., and had moved to the Atlanta area following Katrina. The other owner was also from the city, and their families had many generations of cooks and bar owners in the Quarter.

I figured, if you want to try a creole/cajun place, you have to check the gumbo, and the red beans & rice (or the po-boys) to get a feel if they’re for real, or faux real. Since I had to go back to work, that meant no roast beef, dangit – I didn’t have a spare shirt.

The seafood gumbo had a dark roux base, and had ‘seafood de-jour’, chicken, sausage, bay, and a little file’ on top. Quite yummy – and spiced up right. That is KEY to a commercial cajun/creole restaurant, IMHO. SO many make great food and leave out the zing. BAD idea. It’s like making pizza without the sauce.

That cup o’ gumbo was followed by a huge plate or red beans & rice, with andouille. They had options to add any other typical meats as well, but I kept it simple. A great sign – found the bay leaf intact & fresh, not brittle. It tasted like Olivier’s #3 red beans in the sampler. Truly New Orleans.

Service was superb, the food was great, there was a HUGE menu to choose from, and they offered to go options as well.

They offer live music on Friday & Saturday, and a brunch on Sunday. No liquor permit – so it’s BYOB (which means it’s safe for families). I’d go back in a heartbeat. Actually, I plan to on Sunday!

gumbo

atharris1308 photo

atharris1308

Atlanta, GA

I love this place!

The Alligator welcomes you in for a real treat. I’ve eaten there several times and have been pleased far more often than not. The sweet potato fries are the best I’ve ever had!!! I would go back time and time again just for the fries!

gumbo

katojack photo

katojack

Grayson, GA

A favorite Place tucked away in Downtown Tucker!!!

I’m from Lousiana and we’ve had Cajun food all over the South…..Rotagilla is one of the best in Atlantat!!! Gumbo,Carrot Souffle, Crawfish Etoufee, Bread Pudding,and Veal Oscar are a few outstanding dishes. Great Brunch on Sunday. Wonderful Musicians play Friday – Sunday . Wonderful people and reasonable prices!!!
Only open for dinner Fri – Sun.

007Dude photo

007Dude

Chamblee, GA

I love this place!

I had theGumbo and Shrimp and Oyster Po- Boy. The Po-Boy was fantastic and very good, the Gumbo tasted a little watered down, but it was good as a side portion to accompany my po-boy. This place is quickly becoming my favorite place and I look forward to returning on a weekly basis.

Shrimp and Oyster Po- Boy, Gumbo

Po-boy was a great sandwich, too bad the gumbo wasn’t all that good.

bravesfan1 photo

bravesfan1

Suwanee, GA

Lunch Special

Excellant 1/4 MUFF w/ chips lunch special. Will be back for Sunday brunch.

sabmac photo

sabmac

ROTAGILLA Creole Cafe'

Authentic New Orleans Food!!!

Po-Boys (Shrimp, Roast Beef, Oyster, etc…) Made on Real French Bread form New Orleans.

Red Beans and Rice w/Patton's Hot Sausage

“Camiella Beans” & "PATTON’S Hot Sausage!!! from Louisiana

klaborde photo

Marietta, GA

It's like being home in the French Quarter...

I recently found out about Rottagilla when a family member came to Atlanta via Amtrak. She was sitting next to the owners daughter, and they started talking about New Orleans food, and the end result was finding out about this wonderful New Orleans style Cafe.

The restauraunt is located on Historic Main Street in Tucker GA.
The sight of the Purple and Gold, and someone standing outside with an Alligator head holding a sign will give you chills if you are starved for New Orleans style food.

When we went in side, there was a Jazz band playing, the indoor was light by New Orleans style gas looking lights. As you site in this place you feel like you are on Bourbon Street.

The menu is very diversed from Roast Beef Po-boys dripping with gravy, Red Beans and Rice, and Muffuletta’s. The bread is hot and crisply, and it goes crunch. Various Seafood specialties based on the season of availablity. The Bread pudding is what you would say… They really “Stepped On it”, with warm sauce made with Southern Comfort.

I have been living in the Atlanta Area for over 20 years, I grew up in New Orleans, and have visited my share of New Orleans style restaurants, this one blows all of them away.

You must visit this place…

Roast Beef Po-boy, Bread Pudding, Coke, Coffee

Roast beef was so tender you don’t have to chew it. The French Bread was from New Orleans, hot and cruchy with gravy dripping down the sides, “Dressed”…

Bread Pudding was awsome with a cup of Community Coffee.

Tucker Takeout Good For Kids
Mon-Sat 08:00AM - 11:00AM (Breakfast)
Sun 09:00AM - 03:00PM (Brunch)
Mon-Tue 03:30AM - 09:00PM (Family Dinner)
Sun,Wed-Sat 05:00PM - 09:00PM (Fine Dining)
Mon-Sat 11:00AM - 03:00PM (Lunch)

-1 useful

-1 useful

Rotagilla Creole Cafe  Restaurant Reviews

Rotagilla Creole Cafe is located near the cities of Wilshire, Brook Hollow, and Embry Hills.
People found this by searching for: Rotagilla Creole Cafe, Rotagilla Restaurant, Tucker Ga Cajun Restaurants, Creole Restaurant Tucker Ga, Rotagilla Green, Fried Shrimp Restaurants Near Me Tucker, Ga, Rotagilla, Rotagilla Tucker Ga, and Rotagilla Tucker.