720 N State St
Chicago, IL 60610

Roy's

Neighborhoods: Near North Side
Cuisine: Hawaiian, Brunch, Cocktails

Roy's is a Hawaiian, Brunch, and Cocktails restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped more than 18%.

twentypercent photo

twentypercent

One of the best

This place is one of the best in the city! I have been 10+ times and have never been disappointed. The prix fix menu is always a good choice and at $35 a good deal for and app, entree, and dessert. I always try a fish that I’ve never heard of ( flown in daily) the staff and service always great. My only suggestion would be to add a few new dessert selections. The Hawaiian martini (pineapple infused with vanilla vodka) great but beware they are strong! I would have tipped 20% had I paid.

Yellow Fin Ahi “Poketini”

Very good the most authentic poke I have found outside of Hawaii

MaureenC photo

MaureenC

Chicago, IL

Roy's is a Hawaiian fusion type of restaurant....

Roy’s is a Hawaiian fusion type of restaurant. We had reservations and got there early. While waiting for our table, we were at the bar where they had a variety of martinis and drinks. I had their specialty martini, which was very good (read: very strong! lol). When we got seated, we were served edamame (yum!). Menu is nice and simple. I tried the fish sampler (i forgot the official name) but it was really good. We also had this sushi that had kobe beef on top — that was probably the BEST sushi i’ve ever had. It melted in my mouth.

This place is a little on the pricey side, but it’s worth it! Especially that sushi. It gave me a foodgasm. lol

Friends brought me to this Hawaiian fusion chain restaura...

Friends brought me to this Hawaiian fusion chain restaurant… not bad at all!!

The menu offers a great selection of fish dishes – salmon, mahi mahi, butterfish, cod… I was recommended the Blackened Ahi Tuna, which is really delightful. Everyone enjoyed their picks.

We completed our experience there with two desserts – Pineapple upsidedown cake & Chocolate souffle. They are both delicious that I can’t vote for the best!

tulips500 photo

tulips500

upscale hawaiian fusion

i’ve had mixed experiences at roy’s.

i first came here b/c a friend brought me & some friends for dessert, and we sat at the kitchen bar and had the chocolate souffle – we had a fabulous time. in fact, i had such a good time that i brought my sister here, but sadly had a completely different experience. the service was painfully turtle slow, the entrees were heavy on the butter & salt, and the chocolate souffle was burned. it was extremely disappointing. i’ve been hesitant to come back ever since.

as for the ambience…upscale, romantic, intimate, dim-lighting – perfect for a special date or a nice night out w/friends.

this is an expensive outing so be prepared to break the piggy bank for this meal. (but the prix fixe sounds like a deal…)

Roy's Melting Hot Chocolate Soufflé

when cooked right, decadent, rich chocolate cake-like outside w/a gooey, chocolate filling that oozes out when you cut into the middle. it’s absolute chocolate heaven!

HeatherHart photo

HeatherHart

Grayslake, IL

we had a decent meal our first trip here, but enjoyed it ...

we had a decent meal our first trip here, but enjoyed it even more the second time around. the seafood is fabulous and the traditional ‘homestyle’ meals are wonderful too… and you can’t forget the melting hot chocolate souffle!

jinkwell photo

jinkwell

Seafood Win

I didn’t know what to expect of this chain restaurant, but a friend wanted to meet me there for dinner. I figured, it wasn’t a restaurant I’ve tried yet…so why not? I entered through the revolving doors and ordered the mango mojito at the bar – it was delicious.

We ordered the lobster dim sum as an appetizer. The foamy emulsion it was in tasted light and went well with the lobster dumplings. I really enjoyed the seafood combination, though I forget the name. It featured scallops and prawns over risotto cakes and creamed corn. The scallops were perfectly cooked – not at all rubbery or salty. And the prawns were tender and juicy. The real surprise were the risotto cakes – it went really, really well with the seafood.

In the end, I was too full for dessert. But the meal was truly enjoyable.

Fancy Hawaiian River north

justin

lesliel

0 useful

Roy's  Restaurant Reviews

Roy's is located near the cities of Pilsen, Armour Square, Near South Side, Mc Kinley Park, and Near West Side.
People found this by searching for: Roy's Chicago Softshell Crab, Risotto Cakes Roy Yamaguchi, Roy's Chicago Menu, Roy's Hawaiian Chicsgo, +Roys Chicsgo Hours, Best Dish Roys, Roy's Chicago, Roys Seafood Menu, and Roys Best Dish.