9420 Skokie Blvd
Skokie, IL 60077-1311

Ruby of SIAM Skokie

Neighborhoods: Skokie
Cuisine: Thai, Catering, Lunch

Ruby of SIAM Skokie is a Thai, Catering, and Lunch restaurant where most Menuism users came for a romantic date, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped less than 15%.

Pros
"Flavors are delicious when of the appropriate temperature."
Cons
"I used to love this place. I used to recommend this place to all of my friends and family. I continue to believe the food flavor is among the best in the area, but the customer service and lunch buffets have dropped off resulting in the 1 star review. "
  • 6/03/2018

A Thai chowhound from Skokie, IL tried it, didn't like it, and rated it . They didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

Pros
    Flavors are delicious when of the appropriate temperature.
    Cons
jhoreviews photo

jhoreviews

Skokie, IL

Bait-and-switch for Lunch Buffet...

This review is specifically regarding the “All-you-can-eat Lunch Buffet” that they advertise, and their price differential between weekdays and weekends ($12 for weekdays, $14 for weekends). I have enjoyed their buffet quite a few times prior to this. I came in today (Sunday) at 1PM with my fianc√© to enjoy their buffet, which showed that it had Ruby Crab Legs as a part of it (if you haven’t had them they are pretty amazing). My primary reason for going on the weekend and paying the extra money was to be able to enjoy these. They didn’t have any at the time we sat down, but the manager assured me more were coming. Around 10 people walked through the door and almost all the food from the buffet disappeared, and I noticed that they had restocked the Ruby Crab Legs. With 6 people in line, by the time I got to where they were being served they were pretty much out again, so I sat down and waited for more to arrive. 20 minutes later none had come out, so I asked the manager when more would be coming. She stated that they were no longer serving the Ruby Crab Legs with the lunch buffet. I exclaimed that they only reason I had come was for these, and she said I could order them from the menu. I stated that I had barely gotten any, waited nearly 40 minutes from the time of arrival to get some, and all she could say was sorry. I stated that this was completely and totally unacceptable, and I didn’t think I should have to pay due to feeling bait-and-switched, but reluctantly paid anyways. No customer service was offered short of a “sorry.”

For the third time, the soup was lukewarm at the buffet, and I also explained this to the manager who smirked at me and said “It’s hot, but I make you fresh.” She did follow through, but for whatever reason they have not addressed the fact that the heaters under the soups are not keeping the soup hot enough to be desired.

Stay away from this place, as they cannot seem to keep up with multiple groups of hungry customers, refuse to acknowledge that they need to raise the temperature of their soups, and conveniently remove the exclusive item to weekends when convenient.

Thai Catering Lunch

Ruby of SIAM Skokie  Restaurant Reviews

Ruby of SIAM Skokie is located near the cities of Niles Township, Whiting, Lincolnwood, Evanston, and Morton Grove.
People found this by searching for: Star Of Siam Skokie, Ruby Of Siam Skokie Menu, Ruby Of Siam Skokie, Star Ruby Siam, Ruby Of Siam Menu, Ruby Siam Skokie Menu, and Rubi Of Siam Skokie.