1521 County Road 220
Orange Park, FL 32003

Ruby Tuesday

Cuisine: Burgers, Catering, Lunch

Ruby Tuesday is a Burgers, Catering, and Lunch restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.

Pros
"The Double Decker Chicken!"
Cons
"Slow Service, Not-So-Fresh Salad Bar"
  • 4/14/2017

P1nk16 tried it, liked it, and rated it . P1nk16 liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    The Double Decker Chicken!
    Cons
    Slow Service, Not-So-Fresh Salad Bar
  • 2/12/2017

A Burgers chowhound from Orange Park, FL tried it.

p1nk16 photo

p1nk16

Orange Park, FL

Chain Restaurant

Compared to our visit a month ago, this one was a bit more of a let down. We came in around 730pm and left around 9pm. An hour and a half!? Crazy! They didn’t even seem busy enough to be pushing dinner tickets that slow.
The salad bar wasn’t as fresh; browned and wilted lettuce and there were less options than I had remembered the first time. The cucumbers had taken on that appearance of where the inner flesh starts to become see-through from being either cut too long or frozen for too long. And those delicious garlic-cheddar biscuits? Yeah, we got those AN HOUR after we sat down. An actual hour. Literally my husband had finished his meal and I was waiting for a box. We kept being told they were coming….so either someone wasn’t loading the bread oven properly, someone was stealing them all before our server could get them, or our server was forgetting. Thankfully he did get us more to-go.
My husband has a thing for any appetizer similar to Bonefish’s Bang Bang Shrimp so we tried the Thai Phoon Shrimp. I do NOT recommend. They were heavily fried in what tasted like old fryer grease. There wasn’t much sauce on them and it tasted more like heavily fried breading. The breading was thick like what one would find on Hush Puppies, not light like Calamari of actual Bang Bang Shrimp. *Last time we got the Shrimp Fondue which wasn’t nearly as thick and cheesy as one would expect a Dip or Fondue to be. So I don’t really recommend that either.
The Double Decker Chicken was just as yummy as I had remembered and once again, complimented well with the Mashed Potatoes. Juicy chicken with bacon, cheese, and a sauce that’s very similar to Marsala Sauce. My daughter got the Kid’s Pasta with Tomato-Basil and the sauce was good.
The loss of a star this time is due to the dining time (almost an hour and a half), the quality of the salad bar, and the lack of cheddar biscuits.

Previous 5 Star Review from Jan 8th, 2017: I hadn’t been to RT in almost 10 years…and my husband, originally from CA, had never been. We came in late on a Saturday, 9pm, and they weren’t terribly busy. We were immediately greeted and seated. The salad bar looked fresh enough for being the end of the night; and we both had the salad bar as our side. Many, many options to choose from! We ordered the Shrimp Fondue as an appetizer. Compared to Longhorn’s Lobster Shrimp Dip, and citing the name “fondue”, it wasn’t as cheesy (e.g. thick) as I would have expected; a bit runny but not like soup. It wasn’t terrible but not quite what I expected. He and I both ordered the Double Decker Chicken as our entree. The chicken was juicy and of seemingly great quality, and there was definitely a generous helping of mushrooms! I feel this meal was complimented well by my choice of mashed potatoes. It reminds me of a marsala in that it’s chicken, mushrooms, Parmesan cheese, and some bacon too. It will probably be my go-to meal when we dine there. I ordered the Absolut Strawberry Lemonade and the fresh strawberries were probably my favorite part. And the biscuits they serve as their bread….amazing! Similar to cheddar biscuits at Red Lobster, but so much better! Our server was Hannah and we had no issues with our service. For it being a Saturday night and observing about 7 wait staff on the floor between the entire restaurant, it was never too loud (chatty) among them, so that was appreciated. We skipped dessert….and we honestly could have shared the chicken dish as we took home over an entire portion as leftovers. And it IS just as good leftover as it was the first time around in the restaurant

Thai Phoon Shrimp - Thai Phoon Shrimp at Ruby Tuesday

Thai Phoon Shrimp

Heavily Fried in Old Oil Grease; couldn’t even taste the shrimp!

Shrimp Fondue

Wasn’t as cheesy as one would expect a fondue to be

Double Decker Chicken

Similar to a Chicken Marsala + Bacon! Mashed Potatoes compliment it well

Burgers Parking Catering

Ruby Tuesday  Restaurant Reviews

Ruby Tuesday is located near the cities of Bellair Meadowbrook Terrace, Lakeside, Mandarin, and Jacksonville Naval Air Station.
People found this by searching for: Ruby Tuesday Orange County, Ruby Tuesday In Fleming Island Fl Menu, Ruby Tuesday County Rd 220, Ruby Tuesday Bar Fleming Island Fl, Ruby Tuesday Menu Fleming Island, Ruby Tuesday Fleming Island Fl, Who Are The Managers At Ruby Tuesdays In Fleming Island, and Salad Bars Fleming Island Orrange Park Fl.