280 Cambridge St
Boston, MA 02114-3123

Ruby's

Neighborhoods: Beacon Hill

• 6/22/2014

A chowhound from Newark, NJ tried it.

QB
NIck1952 photo

NIck1952

New York, NY

CLOSED? NOT SURPRISED!

Kind of pointless to leave a review for a closed business, but here goes. Hopefully the individual mentioned in it will read it and cringe. I lived in Boston some years ago and dined out a lot. The two eateries that I frequented had service counters at the back. You’d walk in, go to the counter, place your order, then seat yourself. When I went to Ruby’s for the first time, I saw a counter at the back with two staff people standing there, went up to them, and said “Good morning.” One of them glared at me, yelled: “SIT DOWN!”, and pointed at a table. I didn’t realize that they were waiters or know that they would come to my table. I stammered an apology (why, I don’t know), tried to explain that it was my first visit and that I was unfamiliar with the place, and this jerk of a waiter continued to act snarky, loud, and rude. Apparently, I had interrupted a private conversation, no doubt about how much he hated his job and people in general. I was eventually served (if you could call it that), didn’t leave a tip, and never went back. In retrospect, I don’t know why I even stayed to eat, I should have just walked out. He probably spit on my food. The next day I spoke with a manager about this rude SOB. Her reaction was less than concerned. No apology, nothing. Could have been the same jerk waiter in drag. Ruby’s didn’t close of course because of my experience, but (insert obscene word here) primadonna waiters like this angry, shrieking drama queen probably didn’t help either.

breakfast

The food looked normal but was likely spit on. The dish that it was served on was a heavy china plate. I know this because of the sound that it made when the waiter slammed it onto my table.

New York Pizza

Asian in South End

Modern Pastry Shop

Bakeries in Central

Ruby's  Restaurant Reviews

Ruby's is located near the cities of North Waltham, , Beacon Hill, Suffolk County, and Mid Cambridge.
People found this by searching for: "Ruby's" "Cambridge St.", Ruby's On Cambridge St. Boston, Rubys Restaurant Beacon Hill, Ruby's Cambridge Street, Boston, Rubts Restaurant Cambridge Street Boston, Rubys Diner Boston, Rubys Cambridge Street Boston, and Rubys Steakhouse Boston.