431 N Dearborn St

Ruth's Chris Steak House

Neighborhoods: Near North Side
Cuisine: American, Lunch, Catering

• 3/29/2021

A dining patron from US tried it and liked it. They liked the food.

• 2/25/2017

An American food lover from Chicago, IL tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

MaureenC photo

MaureenC

Chicago, IL

I went to this restaurant after driving around...

I went to this restaurant after driving around downtown and finding no parking for Billy Goat’s Tavern. Arvin had been here before and he loves steaks. I’ve never been here, hence a review from me!

Anyway, this place is a little on the high-class end of restaurants. Good service (though our waiter was a big slow). O yes, I haven’t mentioned, this is a steakhouse! They cook their steaks in an 1800 degree F broiler and serve it on a 500 degree F plate (careful not to touch it!!!) so that your steak does not get cold as you eat.

Anyway, we ordered a bottled spring water and red wine for Arvin (i forget which kind he ordered). Arvin had cesar salad for starters and I stuck with the house bread (which was delicious with the butter). We then had our steaks. I think he got a filet, butterfly cut… and I had a ribeye. I ordered mine medium.

The steak was really really really good. It was probaby the best steak I’ve ever had! I thought my Ribeye was better than Arvin’s filet. The fat in the ribeye (i did not eat it… i sliced it all off) gave it so much flavor. Pair the steak with the mashed potatoes, and it was perfect. Their mashed potatoes were really good as well.

I only finished half of my steak. I gave the rest to Arvin. heheh. He was all too happy to finish it. Afterwards, I had my usual cappuccino (this is slowly becoming a habit of mine) after my meal.

Overall, I would return to this place again. The steak is great. The price is a little on the higher end, but you get really good quality food. My only qualm is that the 500 degree plates cooked my steak while i was eating so it was slowly becoming well-done as i ate.

American Business Dining Prix Fix Menus

Eclectic in Irving Park

Susupuato Restaurant & Taqueria

Mexican in Edgewater

Ruth's Chris Steak House  Restaurant Reviews

Ruth's Chris Steak House is located near the cities of Pilsen, Armour Square, Near South Side, Mc Kinley Park, and Near West Side.
People found this by searching for: How Does Ruth Chris Cook Steak, Ruth Chris Chicago Menu With Prices, Ruth Chris How Do They Cook, Ruth Chris Chicago Price Menu, How Does Ruth Chris Cook Their Steaks, Chili Menu With Prices, and Ruth's Chris Steak House With 500 Degrees Plates.