Ruth's Chris Steak House

Neighborhoods: South Pasadena
Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American

Ruth's Chris Steak House is a Steak, Seafood, and American restaurant where most Menuism users paid between $25 and $50 and tipped between 15% to 18%.

• 2/17/2016

A Steak chowhound from Chino, CA tried it and didn't like it.

• 1/07/2015

A dining patron from San Jose, CA tried it.

• 12/21/2014

A diner from San Jose, CA tried it.

• 11/11/2014

A diner from Dallas, TX tried it.

• 10/15/2014

A diner from Chicago, IL tried it, didn't like it, and rated it . They didn't like the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 3/07/2014

A Steak chowhound from San Jose, CA tried it.

EatRice photo

EatRice

Honolulu, HI

Very Tasty but Expensive

Ruth’s Chris is a famous steakhouse and their steaks don’t disappoint. This particular location is right across the street from Paseo Colorado so Ruth’s Chris is a great place to finish off a day of shopping. Valet parking is available but if you arrive late in the evening or on weekends, just park on the street somewhere out back. It’s a nice short walk and saves you on being “gently encouraged” to use valet parking.

The interior is well-designed. It is darkly illuminated and generously, but simply, appointed. There’s plenty of seating but even then, reservations are strongly suggested to ensure you get a seat when you want to eat.

Once you’re seated, your very capable waiter/waitress will ask if this is your first visit. If so, they go into a very short spiel of how Ruth’s Chris works. The fact that most people remember is that the steaks are served on a very HOT (400 degrees they claim!) plate. The spiel is quickly followed by their specials of the day.

The day I went, the special was Kobe steak and I was surprised that they only charged ~$35. I’m not a steak connoisseur but I think the size of the Kobe steak that I got should’ve run in excess of $100. Since the $35 was about the same price as a filet, I decided to try it. I don’t know if that’s what Kobe is supposed to taste like but it sure tasted good. Cooked to a fine medium, the steak was juicy and flavorful. The hot plate kept it warm while I worked through the sides that I had ordered. Being a steakhouse, I wasn’t too keen on sides so I ordered only some broccoli, which was simply steamed.

Overall, Ruth’s Chris is well worth going if you have a chance but it’s too expensive for regular dining.

mitch239 photo

mitch239

Pretty good!

I went to Ruth Chris with my wife for the very first time and I was really excited since I’ve heard many good things about them. I tried the ribeye and my wife had the cowboy ribeye. It was fantastic! We also ordered the oscar appetizer which included 1 crabcake and 3 pieces of asparagus (not worth it) for $12 and my wife ordered a glass of wine. I wanted a glass of water and to my surprise they bring a bottle of sparkling water!

foursea photo

foursea

Monterey Park, CA

After looking forward to try Ruth's Chris for...

After looking forward to try Ruth’s Chris for months, finally I got to taste their steak tonight. Our party made a reservation at 9pm, Tuesday, which shouldn’t be a busy time. I hoped my chefs could pay more attention to every individual steak. The decor is simple, but comfortable with detail. Dark, but make a nice atmosphere, especially for dinner of nice steak.
I love ribeye because it has balance of meat and fat. Usually tender, juicy and easy to handle. Bone-in Ribeye was what I ordered. It came on a sizzling plate. It seasoned with just salt and pepper on melt butter. I think it’s too much butter to a point I felt greasy, together with seasoning, it became a little too salty toward the end. My friend ordered T-bone, generous portion, but he prefer my ribeye because it’s juicier. And my lady friends couldn’t eat that much, so they ordered filet. Looks like they were disappointed, saying it’s a little dry…. Ruth’s Chris’s choices of side dish was pretty boring. Potato, spinach, and something you could find in any regular steakhouse. We ordered dessert too, but already too full to remember how tasty it was. I just know my bread pudding was nice cuz of the flavor of whiskey sauce. Btw, my lady friends received a free dessert. Our waitress felt very sorry that their filet weren’t good. Round up: My part of bill was $70. According to this price, it’s a B+ steak experience. Meat was great, grade is deducted because I think chef put better care on it, especially less butter. This is a good steakhouse, but I believe there must be more can top Ruth’s Chris.

Crackin'

Crackin’

March 6, 2011

SAVE YOUR MONEY!

I have had better steak else where and this is suppose to be a STEAK HOUSE? Forget the intrusive busboy and the waiter that announces, "what, no bottled water at this table"? The steak was nothing to write home about and the price's are…
October 18, 2009

I was not Impressed at all!

I was not impressed with Ruth Chris steak house. The waitress forgot to bring us our second glass of wine with our main entrees, (we each got the wine pairing). So after we ran her down and asked her to bring the second glass of wine,…
July 24, 2009

Tip for eating steak at RC.

I see a lot of mixed reviews on this site, and I'll give you my own personal review since I've been here 8 times this year. I learned from the past.\r \r I noticed when I order a filet, and ask for medium, it comes a lil dry on the edges.…

Steak Reservations Dinner
Tips
  • Valet is available for $7. There's also a pay parking garage located across the street at Paseo Colorado shopping mall, which won't save you much money even with validation.
  • It's not on the menu, but consider ordering your steak "Oscar style," which means it's topped with asparagus, crab cakes and bearnaise sauce.
Mon-Thu 05:00PM - 10:00PM

French in South

Arroyo Chop House

American in South

Ruth's Chris Steak House  Restaurant Reviews

Ruth's Chris Steak House is located near the cities of South Pasadena and San Marino.
People found this by searching for: Ruth's Chris Pasadena Menu, Ruth's Chris Price List, Ruth's Chris Pasadena Menu Prices, Ruth Chris Price Menu, Ruth Chris Price, Ruth Chris Price List, Ruth Chris Pasadena, Ruth S Chris Pricing, and Ruths Chris Honolulu Hi.