499 S Federal Hwy
Boca Raton, FL 33432

Saba Fine Asian Dining Sushi Bar & Lounge

Cuisine: Asian, Thai, Sushi

Saba Fine Asian Dining Sushi Bar & Lounge is a Asian, Thai, and Sushi restaurant where most Menuism users came for a meal on the go, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped more than 18%.

• 5/08/2014

An Asian chowhound from Miami, FL tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

SilverMoon photo

SilverMoon

Boynton Beach, FL

Decent Service, Mediocre Food, Sometimes Water

I dine at Asian restaurants regularly from Chinese to Japanese. I have dined at Saba’s on several occasions, sampling both its sushi and Asian cuisine menu. It is of my opinion that the food which is served at Saba’s is of average quality. The food is neither bad, nor spectacular. Nothing I have had (from fried rice, pad thai, sushi rolls, etc.) has made my palette scream out, “Wow!"

However mediocre food is forgivable (I’ve had so much worse before), but the prices are expensive (however, this is to be expected of a Boca establishment) and the portions tend not to be filling (and that’s saying a lot, since I’m a person of small stature; it doesn’t take much to fill me up).

Another thing which bugs me is that they never seem to have one of their desserts in stock, mochi. Though it’s on the dessert menu, the times I have gone (more than I can count on one hand), they have never had it. If you are unable to stock it regularly either make a note on the dessert menu or do not list it at all.

Why do I give the restaurant three stars then? One star is given because the ambience at Sabas is honestly really nice. It is well decorated and gives off a slightly upscale yet laid back mood. Another star because the food, though not great, isn’t bad. The third is because the servers there are quite cordial and these days it is hard to find good service.

My only other gripe with the establishment is their unwillingness/vacillation to server water (vacillation, because depending on who you get as a server, they might/might not serve you water. ). Yes, regular water is not served unless you wish to purchase bottled water. Though my dining partner and I were not drinking, nor sitting at the bar (we were sitting at a dining table), we were explicitly told that they would not serve us water on several occasions, despite the fact that we were paying customers who were regularly dropping $30-$50+ on our bill (and despite the fact we had sat in the same place before and had received water).

So my experience at Sabas has been a mixed bag. Personally, I will not be frequenting Sabas anymore (I’ve given it many tries to impress me) as there are more cost efficient places to eat which are more satisfying. I just don’t feel as if I get my money’s worth at Sabas.

I love their Souper Grouper

I work next door and eat their restaurant often…I love their food….and am always happy with my meals….I would recommend Saba for a nice healthy cooked meal anytime.

Souper Grouper

delicious!!!

Pamme photo

Pamme

Boca Raton, FL

Do not order Sushi!!!

I’m a sushi chef and I was applying for a position at SABA. On my first and only day there, it shocked me how unsanitary the sushi bar was. First of all, the sushi rice was at least 2 days old.The rice was smelly, seems yellowish, and had dark speckles. I was told to “take them off whenever I see them.” When the sushi was put together in the dish, all the rice was covered with either sauce, fish, or avocado. Unless you pay attention, you will never know how filthy the rice is. Secondly, the head chef insisted that we use avocado that’s moldy. The whole case of avocado was contaminated with mold. I think it’s against the law to serve this. I was only there for 5-6 hours so I don’t know how they rotate the fish. But the fish that I served that day was very slimy and it smells. I really can’t stand how they run their business, so I walked away.

I believe if they still adhere to their ways of business, they will get sued someday.

gvitrano photo

gvitrano

Fort Lauderdale, FL

Saba Dining is an Experience

I’ve been to almost every sushi / Thai resturants in South Florida – and NONE compare to the experience of Saba.

Saba Roll and Chicken/Eggplant Basil

Once you eat here, you will budget for a weekly Saba Experience

Asian Thai Sushi

Saba Fine Asian Dining Sushi Bar & Lounge  Restaurant Reviews

Saba Fine Asian Dining Sushi Bar & Lounge is located near the cities of Deerfield Beach.
People found this by searching for: Where Did The Chef/Owner Of Sabas Resturant In Boca Raton Relocate, Saba Lounge, Saba Lounge Boca, Saba Lounge In Boca Raton, Saba Boca, Saba Restaurant Boca Raton, Saba Lounge In Boca Raton Closing, Saba Roll, and Asian Fine Dining Menu.