Saffron 685

Neighborhoods: Mission Bay
Cuisine: Vegan, Healthy, Vegetarian

Saffron 685 is a Vegan, Healthy, and Vegetarian restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

Overall
Pros
"I've been coming to this Turkish establishment for years, always fresh fresh fresh food with nice presentation, they care about details, waitstaff always nice a friendly. thanks a million guys."
"I have been to Saffron Restaurant many times. Every time I go, I try a different dish and they all are delicious and authentic. Prawn kebab my favorite, it is unique and spectacular. The staff are very welcoming and warm. Great atmosphere. Quaint and cozy"
"I've been here a few times, I wouldn't have thought the food was entirely Turkish however given I'm not Turkish how would I know! The food is really good, I have not had a meal that hasn't been really tasty. The wild Salmon a gorgeous and the meat dishes "
"It is a dlightful mom dad type restaurant, that means you get personalized service & they welcome you by your name if you are usual, u love that. Food prepared with love. "
"If you are looking for healthy tasty food this is the place, I wish they open one where I live in the North beach "
"Authentic Turkish food "
"I tried everything on the menu yiu can't go wrong. "
"Great food & service love the veggie selections here "
"Everything fresh tasty, I love the kebabs & they have so many small appetizer mezés plates, they have delicious desserts & pudding with Saffron almonds with no milk, love it. "
Cons
"Our of Anchor steam!! "
"If you are looking for healthy tasty food this is the place, I wish they open in north beach "
"Sometimes they are out of some desserts. "
Comments
"Desserts are great however the Konafa is amazing."
"You said: "It is a dlightful mom dad type restaurant, that means you get personalized service & they welcome you by your name if you are usual, I love that. Food prepared with love. "
"I hope you guys sell mint yougurt drink "
"Konafa dessrts is out of this world & they make 2 kinds of baklavas in the house, super fresh. "
  • 7/15/2016

Georgebenny tried it.

• 6/09/2016

Jimmiedt tried it, liked it, and rated it . Jimmiedt liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    Comments
    Desserts are great however the Konafa is amazing.
  • 9/14/2015

Jorgebenitez tried it, liked it, and rated it . Jorgebenitez liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 9/13/2015

A Vegan food lover from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 2/12/2015

A dining patron from San Jose, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 2/18/2015

A diner from San Jose, CA tried it.

• 11/03/2014

Cons
  • 10/09/2014

Pros
    Authentic Turkish food
    Comments
    I hope you guys sell mint yougurt drink
  • 10/01/2014

Pros
    Great food & service love the veggie selections here
  • 10/01/2014

Pros
    I tried everything on the menu yiu can't go wrong.
kkimberly photo

kkimberly

Very solid mediterranean place

Hidden gem on Townsend and 8th street, one of the best that I’ve been in, go check for yourself.

Wild caught grilled Salmon fillet w/ an exotic blend of beans, rice & hummus

I loved the Salmon not fatty has very nice flavor, all in all it was so favorable, the tanginess, just so balanced

Konafa

Homemade dessert, they make it only Monday & Tuesday, awesome though

Georgebenny photo

Georgebenny

Well done guys

The kebab plates excels in this place, food well presented, meat always favorable, prices are reasonable for San Francisco too, l highly recommend to try.

Grilled kebab

Delicious

Jorgebenitez photo

Jorgebenitez

Family owned place

I frequent this place frim time to time for the last 9 years, l would say l’ve tried most of the items on the menu, what set this place from any other Turkish restaurants is the freshness of the food, cleanness of the place, waitstaff & really friendly and the are happy to answer all questions.

Lamb Shawerma

Tender and very tasty plate.

mahloub photo

mahloub

Love it

I’ve been here a few times, I wouldn’t have thought the food was entirely Turkish however given I’m not Turkish how would I know! The food is really good, I have not had a meal that hasn’t been really tasty. The wild Salmon a gorgeous and the meat dishes are cooked to perfection!

It’s quite reasonable prices for San Francisco, nice for a treat or special occasion. You can byo your own wine which makes it a little cheaper.

Wild caught grilled Salmon fillet w/ an exotic blend of beans, rice & hummus

the Salmon grilled the right way & the flavor just perfect

tommyname photo

tommyname

Tasty healthy

It is a winner of SF gate for 2010 best of the bay mediterranean cuisine, i love the grilled Salmon & the almond saffron pudding, it is no milk or cream pudding but amazing.

Suleman photo

Suleman

Great place

had the wild caught Salmon here with a ball of soup, great place for a date, business meeting or a casual dinner, I like their seating in the back, silk pillows with Moroccan round tables, very knowledgeable staff and nice music.

August 27, 2012

Very good food and service. The restaurant is very cozy and romantic. We love visiting this unique restaurant on every trip to SF.

Vegan Healthy Vegetarian
Tips
  • Med plates here come a bit pricier than usual, which means your bill is slightly hefty for lunch, but more in line with what one would expect to pay for dinner.
  • All meat is halal (ritually approved by Islamic law).

Saffron 685  Restaurant Reviews

Saffron 685 is located near the cities of Hayes Valley, Mission District, , Chinatown, and Haight Ashbury.
People found this by searching for: Saffron Townsend, "Saffron 685", Saffron 685 Sf Menu, Mediterranean Place 94103, Saffron 685 San Francisco, Saffron 685, and Saffron 685 Mediterranean Turkish Cuisine.