12287 U.s. 90
Luling, LA

Sailfish Food & Spirits

Overall
  • 1/13/2017

A food lover from Houston, TX tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 5/14/2015

A food lover from Dallas, TX tried it.

• 4/27/2015

A dining patron from Dallas, TX tried it and liked it. They liked the food and liked the service.

• 10/11/2014

A chowhound from Dallas, TX tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 12/13/2013

A chowhound from US tried it.

• 11/27/2013

A food lover from Luling, LA tried it.

• 11/15/2013

A dining patron from Luling, LA tried it.

• 11/05/2013

A dining patron from Houston, TX tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 7/20/2013

A food lover from Luling, LA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and liked the ambiance.

FareCritique photo

FareCritique

Portland, OR

Nice atmosphere, okay food, poor customer service.

I was invited to the Sailfish for a steak by a co-worker and was delighted when I walked through the door. The decor and atmosphere are really nice. We sat at the end of the bar, ordered our meals and a beer and engaged in conversation while we waited for our food.

Shortly, the owner came and sat at the bar next to us and immediately began barking orders to his kitchen staff who took turns coming to the door and timidly answering his questions regarding food quality and the like. We found this to be quite annoying but apparently is a common occurrence.

When our food arrived I found my ribeye to be cooked medium-well instead of rare as I had ordered. I never send my food back so I remained silent and began eating my meal. After a few bites the bartender asked me how my steak was cooked and I told her it was overdone. She looked at the owner and he shrugged his shoulders and said “it must have gotten switched with somebody else’s”. No apology, no “can I make it right” just a shrug.

I ate my meal, paid my bill, left a 20% tip and walked out the door.

Several days later I ran into the owner at another establishment in town. I remained quiet even after he was invited to join our table by a local couple I was sitting with. He introduced himself to me and started telling me about “his” restaurant. I finally asked him if he could take some constructive criticism which he acquiesced to. After reciting my experience he apologized and said “Well, I had a black cook that evening and everyone knows that blacks overcook their food.”
I was literally speechless for a moment then accused him of being a racist….which he denied. He claimed that he was stating a fact. Wow!!!

He offered several times to make things up to me and requested me to come back and order anything on the menu free of charge. I figured he had the opportunity to make it up to me the night he just shrugged his shoulders. I will never return to The Sailfish.

My recommendation? Patronize Zydeco’s just down the road. Good food and great service.

Sailfish Food & Spirits  Restaurant Reviews

Sailfish Food & Spirits is located near the cities of Destrehan, St Charles Parish, Boutte, St Rose, and Saint Rose.
People found this by searching for: Sailfish Restaurant Luling, Sailfish Restaurant Luling Menu, Sailfish Catering Menu, Sailfish Luling La, Sailfish Restaurant Des Allemands, Sailfish Luling Menu, Sailfish Luling La Menu, and Sailfish Grill Des Allemands La.